Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Quick Note From Tampa Game

40 posts in this topic

This doesn't concern me one bit, because the game was pretty much over at this point anyways.

I heard Smitty on WFNZ as well. I think he was suppose to run a drag route, to pull the LB down, but either way Cam shouldn't have thrown the pass, and could've easily just hit Brockel for 4 to 6 yards, maybe even a first, if he breaks a tackle.

Brady, the Mannings and Brees throw wtf interceptions all the time...its not something exclusive to Cam. Players fug up too.

Is there a gif of video of this?

Stuff like this happens all the time (illegal contact) so yeah, I'm not really complaining either, but I would like to see it in motion to see what Cam was thinking here.

This doesn't concern me one bit, because the game was pretty much over at this point anyways.

I heard Smitty on WFNZ as well. I think he was suppose to run a drag route, to pull the LB down, but either way Cam shouldn't have thrown the pass, and could've easily just hit Brockel for 4 to 6 yards, maybe even a first, if he breaks a tackle.

Smitty may think his job was to pull David over, but there's no way that coverage called for 3 defenders on Smitty, especially in zone.

And Brockel was the better option, no denying that.

1 person likes this

it was a bad throw and it's on Cam end of story. It's routine for him to make I would say around 2-3 very poor throws per game on average. He's getting better, but we can't expect to get to the superbowl with him playing like that. 

His 2-3 bad throws a game could be the difference between a shootout or a blowout against the saints. 

it was a bad throw and it's on Cam end of story. It's routine for him to make I would say around 2-3 very poor throws per game on average. He's getting better, but we can't expect to get to the superbowl with him playing like that. 

His 2-3 bad throws a game could be the difference between a shootout or a blowout against the saints. 

Every quarterback in the league has 2-3 very poor throws per game, even the elites.

Smitty may think his job was to pull David over, but there's no way that coverage called for 3 defenders on Smitty, especially in zone.

And Brockel was the better option, no denying that.

I think Smith knows what his job is more than you. 

I think Smith knows what his job is more than you. 

He may know what his route was intended to do, but he can't know what the defense chooses to do in response. Lavonte took LaFell; he wasn't going after Smith, period.

A valid point, but I thought it worth pointing out that this wasn't as bad of an error as it initially looked on TV, especially since Cam still gets unfairly saddled with the "poor passer" moniker.

Agreed. 

I had said during the game, that: 1) Lafell could have caught that ball, cause other top Receivers do all the time; 2 )Smith fell down or ran the wrong route on that near Revis INT;  3) Lafell fell down or was knocked out the play for the second INT, and it didn't appear as bad as people thought, but the announcers were always quick to blame Cam. 

Plus, the game was well in hand, and Cam/Carolina just got greedy on that second pick. 

1 person likes this