39 replies to this topic

#16 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Brady, Manning, Brees makes that throw and guess what, they get the PI call

Really! Seems Brady didn't get his way in this year game when they throw the flag on Keek and pick it up. It doesn't happen all the time. But they do get those calls sometime because of they are stars in this league.

#17 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Well I want complain. We got away with a few like that in the past few weeks or so. So it happens. Cam just has learn and move on. It happens to all teams.

A valid point, but I thought it worth pointing out that this wasn't as bad of an error as it initially looked on TV, especially since Cam still gets unfairly saddled with the "poor passer" moniker.

#18 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Contact or not Cam can't make that throw. He was pressured and his feet were literally off the ground as he fell back and threw. Gotta take a sack sometimes.

Not so much a sack, but trying to get out of the pocket and throw it away. One of Cams problems is that sometime he hangs onto the ball to long. He needs to get rid of it more instead of taking a sack and costing us yards on a drive.

#19 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

A valid point, but I thought it worth pointing out that this wasn't as bad of an error as it initially looked on TV, especially since Cam still gets unfairly saddled with the "poor passer" moniker.

From what I'm seeing in this photo. And I know this is debatable and all. But instead of Cam forcing the ball. He could have very easy took off to his left and ran for some yards instead. It looked like at the time that Gross was pushing the pass rush into the inside and it would have open the whole field for Cam to run like usual. I understand the staff wants him to be more a pocket passer and instead of taking off. But Cam should of seen that coverage and taken off. But again it is debatable. That is just my opinion. That is all. :)

#20 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

From what I'm seeing in this photo. And I know this is debatable and all. But instead of Cam forcing the ball. He could have very easy took off to his left and ran for some yards instead. It looked like at the time that Gross was pushing the pass rush into the inside and it would have open the whole field for Cam to run like usual. I understand the staff wants him to be more a pocket passer and instead of taking off. But Cam should of seen that coverage and taken off. But again it is debatable. That is just my opinion. That is all. :)

Actually his checkdown receiver is the H-back out in the flat to his left. This is not a good situation to run in, zone defense and no blockers ahead of him.

#21 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

This doesn't concern me one bit, because the game was pretty much over at this point anyways.

I heard Smitty on WFNZ as well. I think he was suppose to run a drag route, to pull the LB down, but either way Cam shouldn't have thrown the pass, and could've easily just hit Brockel for 4 to 6 yards, maybe even a first, if he breaks a tackle.

#22 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Brady, the Mannings and Brees throw wtf interceptions all the time...its not something exclusive to Cam. Players fug up too.

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,952 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

Is there a gif of video of this?

Stuff like this happens all the time (illegal contact) so yeah, I'm not really complaining either, but I would like to see it in motion to see what Cam was thinking here.

#24 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

This doesn't concern me one bit, because the game was pretty much over at this point anyways.

I heard Smitty on WFNZ as well. I think he was suppose to run a drag route, to pull the LB down, but either way Cam shouldn't have thrown the pass, and could've easily just hit Brockel for 4 to 6 yards, maybe even a first, if he breaks a tackle.

Smitty may think his job was to pull David over, but there's no way that coverage called for 3 defenders on Smitty, especially in zone.

And Brockel was the better option, no denying that.

#25 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

it was a bad throw and it's on Cam end of story. It's routine for him to make I would say around 2-3 very poor throws per game on average. He's getting better, but we can't expect to get to the superbowl with him playing like that. 

His 2-3 bad throws a game could be the difference between a shootout or a blowout against the saints. 

#26 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

it was a bad throw and it's on Cam end of story. It's routine for him to make I would say around 2-3 very poor throws per game on average. He's getting better, but we can't expect to get to the superbowl with him playing like that. 

His 2-3 bad throws a game could be the difference between a shootout or a blowout against the saints. 

Every quarterback in the league has 2-3 very poor throws per game, even the elites.

#27 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Smitty may think his job was to pull David over, but there's no way that coverage called for 3 defenders on Smitty, especially in zone.

And Brockel was the better option, no denying that.

I think Smith knows what his job is more than you. 

#28 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

I think Smith knows what his job is more than you. 

He may know what his route was intended to do, but he can't know what the defense chooses to do in response. Lavonte took LaFell; he wasn't going after Smith, period.

#29 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

That was still a terrible throw

#30 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Agreed. 

I had said during the game, that: 1) Lafell could have caught that ball, cause other top Receivers do all the time; 2 )Smith fell down or ran the wrong route on that near Revis INT;  3) Lafell fell down or was knocked out the play for the second INT, and it didn't appear as bad as people thought, but the announcers were always quick to blame Cam. 

Plus, the game was well in hand, and Cam/Carolina just got greedy on that second pick. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com