Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newton Blog; Smith on Chud (again)

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I love Steve.

4 people like this

Posted

Well I'd love for Shula to get Smitty some greats stats. Maybe against the Falcons or Jets. Hit 1,000 Smitty!

2 people like this

Posted

That's the whole point.... Get that w

Posted

Smitty mind is on getting in the playoffs and trying to get that ring. And I really hope this team can go all the way because with the way things have played out. This year is looking to be very special.

2 people like this

Posted

Ice up son.

Posted

He's right though. What good are stats if you're sitting at home in January?

Posted

No they scored 28 steve

4 people like this

Posted

Steve says a lot of things he probably shouldn't. What he said is true but is it really necessary to keep blasting your former coach publicly.

Steve is no longer a dominant player and it comes across as him not being able to accept himself as an average WR at age 34. It's like he has to give excuses as to why he is no longer putting up All Pro numbers.

However, the next day he'll go on the radio and talk about how he enjoys taking a back seat to the younger guys now and is just doing his part to help the team win.

Complete mind fug.

Disclaimer:

Before everyone comes running to call me an idiot and defend Steve like an overprotective mother, Steve Smith is, and will always be, my favorite athlete. I love that guy and want to see him finish his career here and play as long as he wants. He deserves a Super Bowl ring and I hope he gets one here. That said, he isn't perfect. He still says dumb stuff. Blast away.

1 person likes this

Posted

“If the team goals are greater than the individual goals, then that’s the whole point,” Smith said.

This x10000.

In Chud's case, the "individual goal" was to get himself a head coaching gig.  Well, the Browns were dumb enough to take the bait and we are that much better for it.

Posted

No they scored 28 steve

And lost to the Jaguars

They don't run for poo and have a TOP to match.

1 person likes this