Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MMQB Cam should be more like Brees

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Stopped reading at "entertainer and icon"

4 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I responded in the comments. It's readily apparent he didn't pay much attention to the schematic demands of the Carolina offense or the circumstances surrounding some of our games.

Nice response, hit on some things I left out such as how the O-Line was more overwhelmed than Cam with the pressure in these "hybrid" games

Posted

A somehwat reasonable article that seems to fail to consider the significant strides he's made during the course of this season... e.g. he used an interception thrown during the Seattle game as an example.  No one here would deny that Cam can improve his accuracy and consistency (both things that he's made big improvements on this year), but saying that he needs to be like Drew Brees is inaccurate.  Saying that he needs to continue the same skills that Brees has developed is a much better way of putting it. 

Cam didn't throw an interception against Seattle. That pass he used as an example of a bad throw hit Olsen in the chest, he just dropped it. It was actually a mind-boggling throw.

2 people like this

Posted

Stopped reading at "entertainer and icon"

yeah whaddayaknow...ole' Peter King's shiny new website only took a few months to run that fugged up out-of-context quote again.

2 people like this

Posted

Gotta Love The Media, and their various takes. 

When Andrew Luck's Teammates Deliver, "they finally stepped up and helped him". It's never Luck (or other QB's) issue. They're isolated from it.

However, when Cam's teammates finally step up, "Cam is now maturing and realizing he doesn't have to do everything by himself".  Huh? Notice the difference/viewpoints? They put it on Cam; alluding to the fact, that HE WAS HOLDING HIS TEAMMATES BACK, and not vice versa. 

You'll know what I mean, if you saw First Take This morning, and seeing the "Cam's maturing", and realizing he doesn't have to do it all by himself card" card being repeatedly played. None of these guys really watch or research/understand the Panthers, based off their discussions. SMH

It's always something. 

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I responded in the comments. It's readily apparent he didn't pay much attention to the schematic demands of the Carolina offense or the circumstances surrounding some of our games.

damn you dropped the mic on him

2 people like this

Posted

fug drew brees

post-12220-0-66188600-1386263616_thumb.j

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam didn't throw an interception against Seattle. That pass he used as an example of a bad throw hit Olsen in the chest, he just dropped it. It was actually a mind-boggling throw.

I honestly only skimmed that part here at work due to the giant pics, but I remember the throw now.  Edited the BS out of my post. 

Posted

Lol I just read that comment.  You tore into that ass, good job man.

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-

2 people like this

Posted

Hey, we've got the national media writing artilces about why our 3rd year QB is almost as good as a vet and hall of fame QB. 

Most of his stuff is cherry picked and even the points me made that were true he tried to make it seem like it was something that the most 3rd year QB's ahve gotton past. 

Posted

I could go through and cherry pick still frames and stats, and write this same article about any QB in the league including Brees, Brady, or Peyton.

This is an example of a guy having an idea for his article and then fishing for evidence and examples to bolster his predetermined assumptions.

I could also just as easily cherry pick still frames and stats to show Cam is one of the best passers in the league.

This is serious nonsense and should be taken very lightly IMO

Posted

In Brees' first three years, he was 10-17 as a starter, with 30 TDs and 31 INTs.  He had completed 59.4% of his passes for 5613 yards and 6.17 YPA, and rushed for 232 yards.

Cam's in his third year, he's 22-22, with 87 TDs and 40 INTs.  He's completed 59% of his passes for 10,536 yards and 7.7 YPA, and he's rushed for 1894 yards.

Who needs to emulate who again?

7 people like this