103 replies to this topic

#91 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Same thing people would say about Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali.

But for some reason white people loved Frazier and hated Ali.

It isn't always about skin tone per se, but rather what an individual represents as it relates to race.

Another example; Joe Namath was cool but Cam is brash and a me first guy.

In other words, at the risk of getting in trouble with the mods, it is okay that you are not white as long as you are humble and know your place.

Bravo... Well said Teeray, very well said.... Absolutely true and on the money.

#92 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

The only maturation Cam ever needed was as a leader of a team of men.  He is basically a 22-24 year old young man/kid leading older, grown ass men from his rookie year until now.  It has to be awkward and no kid who is thrust into a leadership role is going to suddenly develop the leadership skills of a general or commander in chief without being battle tested.  Respect is earned, not a token expectation in the work place.  He experienced many highs and lows in college, came into the NFL with some enormous expectations and is immensely gifted as an athlete.  Haters will continue to hate because he is exquisitely gifted as an athlete and is clearly genetically/physically blessed.  He is childish and playful in some ways but I think is refreshing, fun and great to see because he LOVES the game.  He is brings so much excitement on the field.  It is actually funny and ironic that the media, specifically ESPN, is so unwilling to acknowledge they are wrong about him.  I honestly do not care.  I am a CAM HOMER and fug the media.  I am thrilled he is our QB.

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

The fact that we have a thread this long filled with people constantly posting that they don't care what the media thinks......tells us that they in fact do care what the media thinks.

#94 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

I shouldn't care what the media thinks... but I do.

#95 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

I shouldn't care what the media thinks... but I do.

I don't care what they think. I find the humor that idiots can get such a high profiled job

#96 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,747 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Said before and will say again: I value only the opinions of people I personally respect.  Everyone else i can take or leave.

Pretty difficult for a media type to fall into that category.

#97 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm too young to remember. Did the media/fans hate Deion Sanders when he was dancing and wearing doo rags? As a child I loved Deion and I bet Cam did to. You see the same showmanship. The same child like excitement. Some people are in a box and anything outside the box irritates them to no end.

Kendrick I am old enough to remember. The media hated Deion and thought he was a show boat and uppity. Even though most folks with intelligence understood that the whole neon Deion thing was a ploy to market himself.

#98 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Same thing people would say about Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali.

But for some reason white people loved Frazier and hated Ali.

It isn't always about skin tone per se, but rather what an individual represents as it relates to race.

Another example; Joe Namath was cool but Cam is brash and a me first guy.

In other words, at the risk of getting in trouble with the mods, it is okay that you are not white as long as you are humble and know your place.

Nothing but fuging truth here Teeray.

#99 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

270OmRM.jpg  Is it a BIRD? Is it a PLANE? No, it's Cam (SUPERMAN)!!!

#100 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Skaters gonna skate.

#101 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

That isn't fast. Tolbert isn't fast. Doesn't mean you aren't athletic

Running fast is the definition of athletic. Tolbert is 280. 300 pound linemen run 4.71. People aren't athletic by opinion.

#102 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Rodgers is Athletic in the inside. It's what's in the inside that counts.

#103 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Look at it this way, If Cam were a scrub he'd have no business doing any celebration. He backs up the celebrations with his stats.

#104 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

If these media people were indeed racist wouldnt they hate all the black players? Some of them dont like Cam, and I really dont think its because hes black....

Smh

Sent from my SPH-L300 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Who says they don't? Who says they don't opportunistically wait for them to fail to pile on them? Who says they're not guilty(Jameis Winston) until proven innocent? Why is Luck beyond criticism? How come it's never the fault of the likes of Cam, RG3, Kaepernick, etc. OL & WRs when they struggle but is always the case for Luck. It's not as much as racism but just 'taking care of our own' thing. No changing that, even if we're all united in Football.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.