Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines - New Orleans

85 posts in this topic

Posted

I think a real key to this game will be how Cam handles the all out blitz which Ryan will bring early and often.  Ryan is looking at the Miami game where they blitzed early and loaded the box to try and take away the run. Frankly it worked and it made it difficult for us to get anything established.  When they did the same thing to Wilson he eluded the blitz and found receivers over the top for big gains.  Ryan's defense is a high risk high reward kind of defense. You have to beat it early and he will back off the heavy blitz and they will be exposed as they were on Monday night.

On defense it will come down to how well we play in man coverage and taking away the big play.  They will take shots deep against us within the first 5 plays to try and get a big score plus loosen up the underneath.  If we can play well 1 on 1 and stop the deep shots we should be fine.  If not it could be a long day.

With Tolbert in our back field, I guess I should be fine with the blitz.

Posted

Alot of people seem to be thinking that the Saints will be a push-over, that we will stroll onto the field and they will be in such awe of Cam and Co that they will just forfeit the game.... better put your reality caps back on guys, this will be a slugfest right down to the wire. Could come down to who has the ball last...

I don't see anybody thinking that. I see a lot of fans beinging very realistic.

Your right, this game can be close, or we can dominate them.

I honestly don't even care as long as we win.

1 person likes this

Posted

13-3

Posted

9-3 Panthers vs 9-3 Bucs from '08..................  I think we'll do to the saints what we did to the Bucs...  I think we rack up over 200 yards rushing on the Saints,   giving their offense only around 6 or 7 total possessions.

That game was also the end of Jon Gruden's career. (Well the beginning of the end) They lost 3 of 4 and missed the playoffs (I think)

Posted

The Saints and 49er game gives me a fair amount of confidence for this game.The Saints only scored 23 in that game and one touchdown came from a big kickoff return and the saints had about 10 yards to go to score a touchdown. Believe it or not, We can hold the Saints offense to under 20 points. The biggest match up this game is our offense vs their defense. If the Saints are going to win this game, Their defense needs to come to the party. Put up 23-30 and do not turn the ball over, We'll have a good chance to win this game. 

Posted

Luke. , remember that drew brees. Is a flopping flopper !

Posted

Agreed. Though, I don't think they will. knowing the stakes for this game.

Nerves for the young players may be an issue though. BIG game. but it's the Next game that's the biggest right? here's hope'n they stay the course and play ball!

I think it's nerves for the veterans. Rookies don't know any better and because they haven't experienced losing, they won't be as nervous as the guys who have been here. I hope Cam is able to settle down and play like he does for 1 pm games.

Posted

I think some of you are forgetting how extremely difficult it is to sweep even an average divisional opponent.

The Saints are a good team. Sweeping them will be a HUGE accomplishment.

Posted

I am so excited for this game I can't stand it! IMO there are 3 keys to success here: Win the TO battle, control the clock, take away the deep ball. We got this, cats!!

post-14767-0-57458900-1386446828_thumb.jpost-14767-0-16089400-1386446829_thumb.jpost-14767-0-70835600-1386446829_thumb.j

1 person likes this

Posted

A welcome difference to now and the past late season games is that this one matters.  I remember them resting their starters because they had the division and advantages.  This is good.  This is real good.

Posted

if our d gets INTs and fumbles

tunrovers will win us this game

Posted

Maybe, but we'd still need to win the other games we play against ATL and NYJ. Easier than beating the Saints? Yes, but not a given.

Nope. If we sweep the saints we could lose to the jets and Atlanta and we still win the division. We would almost certainly have the number 2 seed as well.