Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last 7 games, comparing the Saints and Panthers

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lets be honest here.  The Saints are a very good team.  The Panthers are going to have their hands full Sunday night.  It'll definitely be a dog fight.  But can we all stop trying to be statistical analyst?

It's a divisional game, emotion will be running high.  New Orleans NEEDS this game just as much as Carolina.  

Do I think we can win? You betcha.  Do I feel like we can lose? Of course.  Am I confident Rivera will get the squad ready? You betcha. 

We've been the most impressive and complete team (minus Seattle) Since week 6 and I feel as though we keep getting better, but NOLA has an advantage because they have their home field behind them and they're best at our biggest weakness.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Look at this very closely. Do the Saints look worthy of being nearly unanimously picked to win Sunday night by people that aren't Panthers fans?

No

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lets be honest here.  The Saints are a very good team.  The Panthers are going to have their hands full Sunday night.  It'll definitely be a dog fight.  But can we all stop trying to be statistical analyst?

It's a divisional game, emotion will be running high.  New Orleans NEEDS this game just as much as Carolina.  

Do I think we can win? You betcha.  Do I feel like we can lose? Of course.  Am I confident Rivera will get the squad ready? You betcha. 

We've been the most impressive and complete team (minus Seattle) Since week 6 and I feel as though we keep getting better, but NOLA has an advantage because they have their home field behind them and they're best at our biggest weakness.

You're missing the point. Why are the Saints being picked by 95%+ of experts? This dome is not freaking Krypton to Cam's Superman; we won there just last year. I understand them being favored, but treating this like it's like the Jets or Jaguars going to Seattle is a little much.

Posted · Report post

as its been posted before...proof is in the pudding and this game is gonna be huge:

Drew Brees MNF/SNF/TNF @ Superdome:
10-0 record
33 TD, 4 int

21 pt avg margin of victory

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

With the exception of san fran, We havent beat an elite team on the road. Until we do, why should the experts pick us? Especially when we're playing a team that simply doesnt lose at home. That being said i know we are capable of going into the katrina dome and punching them in the mouth

Posted · Report post

Who cares what they say. They all picked denver to beat Jacksonville, and denver won. They then all picked SF to beat us, and we won. Means nothing. And also, how the saints did 4 weeks ago against dallas means nothing for this sunday. Different team, diff gameplan, diff stakes.

Plus, Its not like all 412 members of the media who pick games are in a giant meeting right mow conspiring against the usually irrelevant Carolina Panthers

Posted · Report post

as its been posted before...proof is in the pudding and this game is gonna be huge:

Drew Brees MNF/SNF/TNF @ Superdome:
10-0 record
33 TD, 4 int

21 pt avg margin of victory

That means nothing. Has he played the panthers in those 10 games? No? Shut up
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Plus, Its not like all 412 members of the media who pick games are in a giant meeting right mow conspiring against the usually irrelevant Carolina Panthers

yes they are.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

I didn't really think about it. But how did NO only score 17 on ATL??? I kno it was in ATL but.....wow.

Posted · Report post

I didn't really think about it. But how did NO only score 17 on ATL??? I kno it was in ATL but.....wow.

Thursday night game on the road vs a divisional opponent. Funky stuff can happen

Posted · Report post

I agree with the OP.

Sometimes teams begin to trade on their history instead of their present value.

The Saints were a horrible team last year and although the coaching did help, they are not an elite team.

We beat them twice last year, and we'll beat them twice this year..

2 people like this