The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Since the Saints started 5-0:

Saints:

Loss to the Patriots on the road (30-27)

Win vs. Buffalo at home (35-17)

Loss to the Jets on the road (26-20) (lol)

Win vs. Dallas at home (49-17)

Win vs. San Francisco at home (23-20) (ridiculous Ahmad Brooks penalty game)

Win vs. Atlanta on the road (17-13) (This game came down to late 4th quarter; Falcons one of the worst teams in league)

Loss to the Seahawks on the road (34-7)

Panthers:

Win vs. St. Louis at home (30-15)

Win vs. Tampa Bay on the road (31-13)

Win vs. Atlanta at home (34-10)

Win vs. San Francisco on the road (10-9)

Win vs. New England at home (24-20)

Win vs. Miami on the road (20-16)

Win vs. Tampa Bay at home (27-6)

Saints: 4-3

Panthers: 7-0

Saints points scored for/against margin: 178-157 (Saints +21, 3.0 per game)

Panthers scored for/against margin: 176-89 (Panthers +87, 12.4 per game)

Look at this very closely. Do the Saints look worthy of being nearly unanimously picked to win Sunday night by people that aren't Panthers fans?

#2 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Lets be honest here.  The Saints are a very good team.  The Panthers are going to have their hands full Sunday night.  It'll definitely be a dog fight.  But can we all stop trying to be statistical analyst?

It's a divisional game, emotion will be running high.  New Orleans NEEDS this game just as much as Carolina.  

Do I think we can win? You betcha.  Do I feel like we can lose? Of course.  Am I confident Rivera will get the squad ready? You betcha. 

We've been the most impressive and complete team (minus Seattle) Since week 6 and I feel as though we keep getting better, but NOLA has an advantage because they have their home field behind them and they're best at our biggest weakness.

#3 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Look at this very closely. Do the Saints look worthy of being nearly unanimously picked to win Sunday night by people that aren't Panthers fans?

No

#4 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Lets be honest here.  The Saints are a very good team.  The Panthers are going to have their hands full Sunday night.  It'll definitely be a dog fight.  But can we all stop trying to be statistical analyst?

It's a divisional game, emotion will be running high.  New Orleans NEEDS this game just as much as Carolina.  

Do I think we can win? You betcha.  Do I feel like we can lose? Of course.  Am I confident Rivera will get the squad ready? You betcha. 

We've been the most impressive and complete team (minus Seattle) Since week 6 and I feel as though we keep getting better, but NOLA has an advantage because they have their home field behind them and they're best at our biggest weakness.

You're missing the point. Why are the Saints being picked by 95%+ of experts? This dome is not freaking Krypton to Cam's Superman; we won there just last year. I understand them being favored, but treating this like it's like the Jets or Jaguars going to Seattle is a little much.

#5 Dunn

Dunn

• ALL-PRO
  • 350 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

as its been posted before...proof is in the pudding and this game is gonna be huge:

Drew Brees MNF/SNF/TNF @ Superdome:
10-0 record
33 TD, 4 int

21 pt avg margin of victory

#6 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

With the exception of san fran, We havent beat an elite team on the road. Until we do, why should the experts pick us? Especially when we're playing a team that simply doesnt lose at home. That being said i know we are capable of going into the katrina dome and punching them in the mouth

#7 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Who cares what they say. They all picked denver to beat Jacksonville, and denver won. They then all picked SF to beat us, and we won. Means nothing. And also, how the saints did 4 weeks ago against dallas means nothing for this sunday. Different team, diff gameplan, diff stakes.

Plus, Its not like all 412 members of the media who pick games are in a giant meeting right mow conspiring against the usually irrelevant Carolina Panthers

#8 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,590 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

as its been posted before...proof is in the pudding and this game is gonna be huge:

Drew Brees MNF/SNF/TNF @ Superdome:
10-0 record
33 TD, 4 int

21 pt avg margin of victory

That means nothing. Has he played the panthers in those 10 games? No? Shut up

#9 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,830 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Plus, Its not like all 412 members of the media who pick games are in a giant meeting right mow conspiring against the usually irrelevant Carolina Panthers

yes they are.

#10 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

I didn't really think about it. But how did NO only score 17 on ATL??? I kno it was in ATL but.....wow.

#11 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I didn't really think about it. But how did NO only score 17 on ATL??? I kno it was in ATL but.....wow.

Thursday night game on the road vs a divisional opponent. Funky stuff can happen

#12 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

I agree with the OP.

Sometimes teams begin to trade on their history instead of their present value.

The Saints were a horrible team last year and although the coaching did help, they are not an elite team.

We beat them twice last year, and we'll beat them twice this year..

#13 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Havent you all realized the Panthers are still irrelevant? The Saints have won a superbowl and have an elite QB. Once we win a SuperBowl, we will have an elite QB and people will respect us. 

#14 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

You're missing the point. Why are the Saints being picked by 95%+ of experts? This dome is not freaking Krypton to Cam's Superman; we won there just last year. I understand them being favored, but treating this like it's like the Jets or Jaguars going to Seattle is a little much.

No, I'm picking up what you're putting down, I just don't understand why it matters that the "experts" are picking Nola.  I don't think the players care that much and if anything, it helps cause we seem to play better when we're the underdog anyways.  It was almost a clean sweep for NE to beat us.  It was 5-4 in Seattles favor on Monday night against NewOrleans.  

Like someone said in a previous thread, Weathermen and Sports Analyst are the only positions where you can be dead wrong and keep your job.

Long story short, I dont really give a fug what an expert thinks.  We're as much experts as the talking heads that sit at ESPN and NFLN

#15 Dunn

Dunn

• ALL-PRO
  • 350 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

That means nothing. Has he played the panthers in those 10 games? No? Shut up

Get outta here with that Homer crap.  Its gonna be a damn tough match up.  I think the Panthers will pull it out, but there is a good reason why most pick them to win.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com