• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

...Anyone else watching the bewildering calls on these last few series' of theirs where he gets 4-15 yards with Hyde and then empties the backfield to run with Braxton Miller on key 3rd and 4th downs?  It's... the strangest thing I've ever seen

#2 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

It's part of his master plan to hold back so Ohio St can win next year...... (isn't that how saints fans do it??)

Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#3 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

...Anyone else watching the bewildering calls on these last few series' of theirs where he gets 4-15 yards with Hyde and then empties the backfield to run with Braxton Miller on key 3rd and 4th downs?  It's... the strangest thing I've ever seen

That's been the go to play for them on critical downs all season, This is the first team to load up and go right after Miller successfully on those playcalls. Definitely should have went away from them after they started getting stuffed earlier in the game. 

#4 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

That's been the go to play for them on critical downs all season, This is the first team to load up and go right after Miller successfully on those playcalls. Definitely should have went away from them after they started getting stuffed earlier in the game. 

It was painfully obvious what was coming and that they could stop it on those downs.  The lack of adjustments were astounding - I thought that was one of Meyer's strengths at Florida.  Especially since they couldn't seem to get a handle on Hyde in the 2nd half... I woulda just ran him up the got over and over.  That man can move his damn legs.

Also, that backup QB Ohio State has looked better in the games I saw him in than Miller when it came to throwing the ball.  Blech, talk about one dimensional...

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

It was painfully obvious what was coming and that they could stop it on those downs.  The lack of adjustments were astounding - I thought that was one of Meyer's strengths at Florida.  Especially since they couldn't seem to get a handle on Hyde in the 2nd half... I woulda just ran him up the got over and over.  That man can move his damn legs.

Also, that backup QB Ohio State has looked better in the games I saw him in than Miller when it came to throwing the ball.  Blech, talk about one dimensional...

Yea, but a cupcake schedule will make you think that the Power QB run play will continually work over and over again and for the most part it has so far this season. Everyone knew that the run play with Miller was coming, It's been a go to play for OHST. I agree on the Hyde runs though and game plan adjustments that needed to be made by OST. 

#6 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

I learned one thing from this game...that Michigan St corner is rather impressive. At least during the parts of the game I watched. Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'd like to see him play vs a more passing oriented offense... but he made some really good plays.

#8 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,343 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Ohio State would have been trucked by Alabama, Auburn or Florida State in the title game... but we'll never know by just how much now. I'm not even sure Ohio St. was the best team in their conference, let alone #2 in the country.

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,801 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

if anything I thought MSU would be guilty of throwing the game to benefit the overall Big 10 so OSU could play for the NC.

However, it looks like both teams will get to play in a BCS bowl game which is more money.

Whereas if OSU wins, they just play for the NC and then someone else would have played Stanford in the Rose unless I'm overlooking something.

So now after I type this I kinda wonder if mav is onto something. lol

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,343 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

if anything I thought MSU would be guilty of throwing the game to benefit the overall Big 10 so OSU could play for the NC.

However, it looks like both teams will get to play in a BCS bowl game which is more money.

Whereas if OSU wins, they just play for the NC and then someone else would have played Stanford in the Rose unless I'm overlooking something.

Assuming Ohio State would have gotten to the NC game after beating a #14 MSU. It might have been close with Auburn beating a #5 Mizzou a week after beating a #1 'Bama.

OSU could very well have landed in the Rose vs. Stanford after beating MSU, despite being undefeated. Regardless, I think any one of Auburn, Alabama or Stanford would be a better NC game than OSU vs. FSU. 

#11 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,801 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

If OSU had won they would have played FSU. No doubt about it.

Now if there were any logic in the polls, Aub to me still should be 2 even if OSU had won but since they didn't that sets things up nicely. If I'm FSU I would now rather play the Buckeyes than Aub.

#12 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,343 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

If OSU had won they would have played FSU. No doubt about it.

Now if there were any logic in the polls, Aub to me still should be 2 even if OSU had won but since they didn't that sets things up nicely. If I'm FSU I would now rather play the Buckeyes than Aub.

I don't think that's a given at all. OSU played nobody until the MSU game while Auburn was beating a #1 and a #5. That old argument of a one-loss SEC team being better than an undefeated OSU team really has some merit this time. And I usually believe not losing means more than losing to a very good team...

Hell yes FSU would rather play OSU! But that would just be another boring NC blow-out.

#13 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

GF is an OSU alumni and she said the word on the street is Buckeyes vs Clemson in Orange Bowl. No idea if it's been released yet.

Hope unc gets the bell bowl so I can go see em

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Who actually thought OSU would win?

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,801 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

i picked MSU in my weekly pool but OSU was 2 for a reason. Was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.