• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

DBs definitely got exposed today but that's what you get when you sit back and let Brees throw. The front 7 was the biggest disappointment though. We've been weak all year when we let teams get clean looks. The key to our success is pressure...we didn't get any tonight. Hopefully they figure it out over the next two weeks. We need the wins at home.

#17 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Byron Bell

#18 King Schit

King Schit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

play calling

then OL, DB, WR

Yes, playcalling..even if we get all the offensive weapons needed we should get a new OC.

#19 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,296 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Shula is the problem. And I might be willing to shift blame back to Rivera if we lose another game this year. Way too much talent on this team to get blown out the way we did. Regardless of some of the deficiencies we have at WR and OL, we have enough to compete. Not necessarily win. But compete.

#20 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Shula is the problem. And I might be willing to shift blame back to Rivera if we lose another game this year. Way too much talent on this team to get blown out the way we did. Regardless of some of the deficiencies we have at WR and OL, we have enough to compete. Not necessarily win. But compete.

Hey, Dick

The other team practices too. Remember that.

#21 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

DBs....

And a legit vertical threat #1 WR.....we don't have that. Heck, we used Greg Olsen tonight as the alternative

#22 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

Our talent around Cam is weak...

Shula is doing a great job this year overall

#23 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,501 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

WR
RT
CB

#24 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

Need a couple WR's. A vertical threat and preferably a tall WR that can help out in the end zone. The talent around Cam is weak. We need WR, OL, and CB

#25 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

I wonder if the Saints wanted to get rid of Peyton after last week?

Well, Payton has won a super bowl... our guy had to get to 9-7 to save his job and just doesn't sound all that sharp in post game press conferences. I would say that they're not one in the same, do you agree?

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,666 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

Offensive line.

#27 BuckNaked

BuckNaked

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

I wonder if the Saints wanted to get rid of Peyton after last week?

I hope you are not comparing Payton to Rivera.  Payton has had continued success, Ron on the other hand doesn't even have a total winning record.  Payton 72 and 37    Rivera 22 and 23   Not saying Rivera should be fired but that's not a very good comparison.

#28 rko396

rko396

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

OL
WR
CB

Yes

#29 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

one guy drafted in the 7th round and a bunch of rejects from other squads makes up our secondary

that tells you everything

#30 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

Season is definitely not over. We're a great team but here is my honest 2 cents

1. Our secondary

If our front 4 gets to the QB early =„Äč our crappy secondary looks decent and our D looks scary

If our front 4 does not get to the QB early => field day for any QB and hello 2011 defense

2. Oline

We need to upgrade at least 3 positions. Skill seriously lacking in our oline

3. QB

Cam needs to learn to make quick decisions and step up in the pocket. Ya our oline sucks but he shares the blame on some of the sacks. Needs to clean up his accuracy

4. RB

We need to address the RB position if we're gonna be a running ball control team. We can't use deangelo on power runs. That poo is driving me crazy. Those plays belong to stew or fatboy. Our best RB (stew) can't stay healthy, and the other good RB happens to be our QB. Which brings me to #5.

5. Playcalling on offense

My only beef with McDermott was some boneheaded blitzes today. I'm cool with him this year. My problem is Shula who has decided to go late 90s Tampa shula on us. If we're gonna be a power running team, I don't wanna see #34 run up the middle. Why did we sign Tolbert again? For short yardage situation and to get those tough yards up the middle right? Then use him! Also, Saints were blitzing the whole game and there was so much green in the middle. We could have done slants, quick outs, passes to RBs in the flat.....I wanna be a shula beleiver, but I can't. Dude has no imagination

We're still on the right track. We need a better secondary and oline. The rest can be corrected by the coaches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com