Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our offense style / scheme is not gonna cut it

82 posts in this topic

Posted

We beat NE with it

And we will beat NO outdoors on grass with it

We beat NE due to matching them score for score. 

Like I said I dont care how we score. I just want us to get the job done on O ie score on most your possessions. 

It can be on big play bombs or it can be on long drives. 

Posted

Well, if you have a top tier defense, I think you can afford to play a more conservative offensive system. I thought were top tier d' coming into tonight's game, ranking in the top 3 in a number of defensive categories.

I was proven wrong

I think the Patriots exposed a lot of holes in our offense; even though we escaped with a win. This isn't to say that we can't clean things up and come back stronger next week or next year, bur our front 7 was manhandled tonight. I thought in order for us to win, we had to get in the face of Brees like the Seahawks did. Without that, he would pick us apart. We didn't and he did. 

Posted

I dont care if it is big play or not. We could do 4 yard passes the whole game for all I care.

I just want us to play smart ie ATTACK the defense's weakness and move the ball / score points.

Simply put screw the 3 n outs and punts and fgs.

We have pretty much done that this season....

Sometimes you just get beat. Other team can out plan you.....just one game. Marathon.

Posted

We have pretty much done that this season....

Sometimes you just get beat. Other team can out plan you.....just one game. Marathon.

This season has been about the D shutting teams down. We didnt rarely needed to match anyone score for score. 

I am not confident in our teams ability to go score for score with the likes of Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. 

I think we match up much better with teams like SEA and SF. 

As I said to begin with there is no reason we can not have an elite O as well as an elite D. 

Posted

Getting beat by NO in the dome results in this?

Good God.

OK.  I guess we suck now?

DERP you clearly dont' get it.

Our offense is pretty bad and Cam has saved face for it so many times.

We have tore up some awful defenses whoooo!

Drops, OL flood gate, Stutterstep Williams, and Shulas coloring book need to be addressed in the off-season.

Posted

It worked for 8 games. Difference was Riverboat Ron, non-retard Shula and the defense not allowing 30+ points.

Cam being clutch has worked for 8 games...along with the defense playing well.

Posted

We need better receivers to be able to do that

The ones we have right now simply aren't consistent enough at doing anything well

3 people like this

Posted

I dont wanna hear about all the pussified excuses about our OL or WR. 

Bad OL get the ball out quick. 

WR issues coaches need to do a better job coaching them up and putting in positions to succeed. 

Posted

This season has been about the D shutting teams down. We didnt rarely needed to match anyone score for score. 

I am not confident in our teams ability to go score for score with the likes of Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. 

I think we match up much better with teams like SEA and SF. 

As I said to begin with there is no reason we can not have an elite O as well as an elite D. 

Exactly. The defense is where all of resources went. So we have to rely on them to shut down Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

We cannot rely on the Unit we have literally spent ZERO resources on the past 3 years to go score for score with elite offenses.

Posted

WR issues coaches need to do a better job coaching them up and putting in positions to succeed.

Football talking points ayyyyyy

Posted

I didn't say he had to do it every time. But did anyone here really think we we're going to play this game our way the whole time and keep it a 17-24 game?

Get real. I don't care that we don't have a premier #1 anymore. LaFell is a WR in the NFL, send his ass down field. We knew our o-line couldn't run block for poo and we still decided to waste 1st down on running plays.

We have to be better prepared to play catch up. We are not always going to lead into the 2nd half and eat the clock each drive. I think Cam was scared to throw pics tonight. He was way off on a couple throws. I know we need another weapon on offense. Everyone does, but it's like we didn't even try.

Running was fine today (about 4.5 ypc from our backs, Cam put it closer to 6 ypc overall)

But did we use that to our advantage? I don't remember any play action passes (granted O Line probably prevented that)

Did we spread the field and hit them with a draw?

Did we sell the run at all to open up passing lanes?

Nope. we ran, threw deep, threw short, punted

Posted

Your argument comes down to "I want what I want and I want it right now".

Talent does matter. While coaching is a huge factor in on field performance, there is a reason why 1st round picks outperform 7th round picks, and why players in the prime of their career outperform those well into their 30's. In my opinion, we've done a good job on O given the talent we have. No, we're not explosive. We have some decent players at the skill positions, but not great ones (Cam excluded). Until that's fixed, we aren't going to turn into an elite offense, no matter who draws up the gameplan.

2 people like this