#1 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

http://www.cbssports...what-comes-next

In sending Gay, Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy to the Kings for Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes, Ujiri took back only $7 million in guaranteed money for next season. With Gay's $19.3 million salary gone (Gay has a player option for next season), the Raptors cleared $12.3 million in cap room and flexibility. (Only $1 million of Salmons' $7 million salary for next season is guaranteed.)

terrible for the Kings, IMO

http://espn.go.com/b...ot-done-dealing

Next up? League sources told ESPN.com that the Kings will be trying to find a new home for forward Jason Thompson, who presumably wouldn't quibble with a fresh start after the arrivals of Gay and Williams to play alongside Cousins.

New Raptors front-office boss Masai Ujiri has managed to trade away Andrea Bargnani and now Gay over the past six months to create financial flexibility going forward and -- with Toronto apparently determined to avoid any accidental success in the Atlanta Division -- is said to be happy to surrender veteran point guard Kyle Lowry next.

if the Kings are trying to unload Thompson- I might give up Session and Biz for him

Lowry is another attractive piece, but very similar to Kemba.

-- PER @ChrisBroussard: Waiters doesn't look like he is leaving Cleveland just yet. Relationship is improving with organization.

-- Also Asik is supposed to be traded by Dec 19th. Linked to the Sixers as best landing spot.

#2 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

I am so disappoint...

From your title, I thought WE traded for Rudy. Dont get me wrong, that contract blows, but his skills are much needed on this team as currently constructed.

#3 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I am so disappoint...

From your title, I thought WE traded for Rudy. Dont get me wrong, that contract blows, but his skills are much needed on this team as currently constructed.

At first I wanted him. But the more I think of it. I'm so glad we didn't get him. Contract and his play doesn't warrant it. But I know what u mean. It always nice to be in the mix for a star.

#4 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Rudy Gay is playing awful this year. I didn't realize just how bad until I read Zach Lowe's Grantland article about the trade today. Thank God the Horncat's stayed away. 

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Rudy Gay is playing awful this year. I didn't realize just how bad until I read Zach Lowe's Grantland article about the trade today. Thank God the Horncat's stayed away.

I can't claim to be familiar with what he's done this year either, I just know his skillset and know we could use it here... then again, I thought the same thing when we got J-Rich lol.

Looking at this trade again though, what I find interesting is how we all trashed Thomas Robinson when the Kings moved him and gave up on him... but, at the time, Patterson was well-regarded. So what does this say about him?

#6 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I never see Asik make any non embarassing play on the court outside of a block.

I just do not see the love for him.

#7 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

From my Grizzlies fan perspective, Gay is probably one of the more overrated players in the league.

If you want a low basketball iq guy who demands the ball and is extremely inconsistent but shows enough flashes with his athleticism for people to call him a "budding star," you've got Rudy.

Sent from my SGH-T999

#8 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Ok so the way it looks as of now through 21 games that we are a playoff team and the front office is wanting a playoff push. I can be on board with that but if we do we gotta make a trade or 2. Gotta get another scorer in here. Maybe deng?

That brings me my point. Is there anybody out there that's a semi star or something like that to help with the playoff push? Deng is about the only one that I can think that would fit. Plays defense and can score. Your thoughts?

#9 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Ok so the way it looks as of now through 21 games that we are a playoff team and the front office is wanting a playoff push. I can be on board with that but if we do we gotta make a trade or 2. Gotta get another scorer in here. Maybe deng?

That brings me my point. Is there anybody out there that's a semi star or something like that to help with the playoff push? Deng is about the only one that I can think that would fit. Plays defense and can score. Your thoughts?

Not a big fan of renting Deng at the cost of probably a 1st rounder since it's all we have to offer (Det. or Portland's), while also owing the Bulls our first rounder if we make the playoffs. Get Deng to make a playoff push for the 5th seed, or keep potentially 2 first round picks in a loaded draft? 

To bring in ANYONE with any status, it's going to require trading a 1st round pick and say Ben Gordon's contract. Not worth it IMO. 

#10 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Not a big fan of renting Deng at the cost of probably a 1st rounder since it's all we have to offer (Det. or Portland's), while also owing the Bulls our first rounder if we make the playoffs. Get Deng to make a playoff push for the 5th seed, or keep potentially 2 first round picks in a loaded draft?

To bring in ANYONE with any status, it's going to require trading a 1st round pick and say Ben Gordon's contract. Not worth it IMO.

I think they know they aren't resigning him. So getting anything for him is better than nothing.

If he agreed to a sign and trade maybe.
I'm not big on him either but I just gotta feeling we won't be in the lottery this year. We will be a playoff team. And if we are gonna ruin are chances of getting a franchise player through the draft then we might as well trade for a pretty good player or star to help us in the push to the playoffs.

I mentioned deng Bc he's the only big name I might would go after. Can't really think of anyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users