carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

DRAW IT OUT lol

Seriously. I wanna see a sketch of it, if it really happen.

#17 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

This is a fan-made logo (bolded so no one will think this is the real one, lol), but I think it's pretty good and would be happy if something like this ended up as the final logo.

Hornets1.jpg

charlotteprespic_1.jpg

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

I need to get to this game! I am going to the Saints game the next day. Going to see if I can make this game as well.

#19 RunFasterJumpHigher

RunFasterJumpHigher

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

This is a fan-made logo (bolded so no one will think this is the real one, lol), but I think it's pretty good and would be happy if something like this ended up as the final logo.

Hornets1.jpg

charlotteprespic_1.jpg

yeah that is sweet!

#20 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I can't wait to see it.

#21 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hornets1.jpg

charlotteprespic_1.jpg

I actually like it. I do think the team is going to go for a much tougher look, which seems to be popular now. Back in the late 80's when they launched the Hornets, the logos had more of a fun and cute look to them. Lately, the logos are going more for power and boldness. 

#22 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hornets1.jpg
charlotteprespic_1.jpg

I do like that one. Really like how the butt or abdomen(whatever the hell it is) is colored like a basketball. Definitely some effort went into it.
I don't like the word mark used or how much it actually looks like a hornet.

I'm guessing the new update will just have a more muscular aggressive look like others have stated. But I wouldn't hate that particular one.

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

That's actually really good. Way better than most of the other designs I've seen.

#24 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

That fan made one is really sweet.  Awesome look to it. 

#25 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Hornets1.jpg
charlotteprespic_1.jpg

Now I am feeling a letdown if this is not it. Good work to whoever did this.

#26 wareagleflyboy

wareagleflyboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hornets1.jpg

charlotteprespic_1.jpg

As a bobcats fan and not one of these new fans coming back just because of the name change that redesign looks really cool.  However that seems drastic enough that it may turn off some of the new fans.  Since they have already chose to go with the purple and teal, I think they need to ride the "retro" idea as close as it makes sense to, at least at first. I think I read somewhere that it was going to be more fierce and muscular but still Hugo.  

I guess we will find out on Saturday.  I know I will be there! 

Will you?

#27 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'll be there!  section 109!

#28 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Part of the reason I became a STH this season was because of this, so I'll definitely be there. Section 103.

#29 rg3and10

rg3and10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Logo was apparently leaked this morning. Some site affiliated with the NBA with all the "official" team colors, uniforms, logos, etc was updated for 2014 & showed a new Hugo under Charlotte. Site went down minutes later & it was gone when it came back up.

The guy on Reddit who said he saw it was a Celtics fan looking up old Boston logos. Said he didn't save it in time but I bet somebody else got a screen shot of it.

He said the wordmark font is drastically different & the coloring pattern was a little different cause it had silver/black & not just purple/teal but the logo looked like the original..... on steroids.

#30 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Logo was apparently leaked this morning. Some site affiliated with the NBA with all the "official" team colors, uniforms, logos, etc was updated for 2014 & showed a new Hugo under Charlotte. Site went down minutes later & it was gone when it came back up.

The guy on Reddit who said he saw it was a Celtics fan looking up old Boston logos. Said he didn't save it in time but I bet somebody else got a screen shot of it.

He said the wordmark font is drastically different & the coloring pattern was a little different cause it had silver/black & not just purple/teal but the logo looked like the original..... on steroids.

Would you mind providing a link to the reddit thread?  thanks in advance.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users