Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A loss at just the right time?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

:'(

1 person likes this

Posted

Better to lose now than in the playoffs :D

5 people like this

Posted

I agree.....and if you look at the recent past SB winners, a lot of them seem to kinda have a loss close to the end of the regular season to rejuvenate them...it takes some pressure off of the players as well I think.....

Posted

There is no right time for a loss. But I agree it is better now than down the road assuming we win the next 3. Otherwise it was a disaster if we don't make the playoffs.

1 person likes this

Posted

The flip side is one beat down suddenly has the players and coaches second guessing everything they are doing, we overcorrect, and let the saints beat us twice against the Jets. I truly think the the Hawks beat us twice at the beginning of the season with the Buffalo game.

But I don't think that will happen this time.

But in am going to agree with you, getting humbled can be a really good thing, and I think it will be.

1 person likes this

Posted

While a loss is never a good thing, the timing of the loss is what matters. We just came off a franchise record 8 straight wins and if you were to lose, I rather do it during the regular season than the playoffs. We can learn from the loss, and correct the issues. I think a lot of people did kind of overreact to the loss. With all the fire so and so, we should did this and that threads, it was overwhelming to see the post on here. We are still in the playoffs barring anything crazy happening. Let's be happy where we are at right now.

Posted

There is no way I'm at peace with a loss. We had certain weakness  exposed in the Saints game and I feel sure other teams will copy the Saints game plan against us. We are in the playoff crunch mode and I don't see how losing to the Saints could have made the team anymore aware of this situation than they already were.

2 people like this

Posted

What NFL team would have gone into the Dome and won under these circumstances?  New Orleans wins at home--their team is built for turf, a la "greatest show on turf".  They had just had their butts handed to them on national TV.  They were going to give us their best, because losing 2 games and the division would have been catastrophic.  We got their very best.  My question:  Name an NFL team who wins that game?

This week, both the Saints and the Panthers have trap games.  Fortunately, the Panthers are home.

Posted

Come on mayne, 24 hour rule.

3 people like this

Posted

Let it go, we've got the Jets to worry about now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Come on mayne, 24 hour rule.

Let it go, we've got the Jets to worry about now.

Your taking it the wrong way, I'm saying just how the Seattle loss woke up the Saints this will wake us up..

It was kinda like a.... moral victory

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN