Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A loss at just the right time?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

The answer in less than 2 weeks..

Posted

In our magical 2003 season, we lost 3 straight games in weeks 12-14...

Maybe that puts things into perspective a bit.

We were 8-2 going into week 12 and ended up 8-5 and finished 11-5

Posted

Last year, the Ravens lost 4 of their last 5. They were 9-2 before they lost 4 of 5.

Their offense was struggling, fired their OC and a lot of people wrote them off as dumpster fires.

Then they won the Superbowl

Posted

There is merit in the OP's post.

I think we'll know for sure after the Jets game, but I never say never.

Posted

actually yes, i think it was important to get drubbed close to the end of the season as a reality check more than anything else. best case scenario is it keeps guys from getting complacent and we turn around and drub the jets, and then beat new orleans at home, finish the falcons, and march into the playoffs with our heads screwed on tight.

Posted

There is no such thing as a good loss. This is some sort of mental defense mechanism for people to cope. Logically speaking winning the division and avoiding the Seahwks/Superdome until the NFC Championship game would have been ideal.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no such thing as a good loss. This is some sort of mental defense mechanism for people to cope. Logically speaking winning the division and avoiding the Seahwks/Superdome until the NFC Championship game would have been ideal.

I agree but this team starting getting an invincible complex. I also feel like it affected their preparation. Mitchell and others talking to the media saying "bring on the next team we don't care who we play " . There was also several quotes about Super Bowl. That does not support the next game mindset they claim they had. The Super Bowl wasn't played last week or this week.

They needed to be smacked in the face to bring them back down off their cloud. Now I want them to win their next three and take this reminder of how bad they can play without proper preparation and execution into the playoffs.

Posted

I kinda thought the saints were gonna beat us, still frustrating to sit through. But I'm hoping we can bounce back and get into the playoffs, ill be so relieved once were officially in

Posted

Best time for a loss

Teaches the team consistency and what it takes

Posted

i was actually thinking the same i'd almost rather not have a bye. was afraid i'd get told i was an idiot, but look how bad we've been after bye weeks under rivera?  i actually like the thoughts of us getting detroit/philly in round 1 (both of which we are better than) and hopefully winning and getting that mindset in the playoffs that "hey, we can do this thing"

Posted

i was actually thinking the same i'd almost rather not have a bye. was afraid i'd get told i was an idiot, but look how bad we've been after bye weeks under rivera? i actually like the thoughts of us getting detroit/philly in round 1 (both of which we are better than) and hopefully winning and getting that mindset in the playoffs that "hey, we can do this thing"

I completely agree. I know alot of people are scared of Calvin Johnson and I would be two if the Lions could hold the ball at all. I think we would make them pay for every turnover with T.O.P. and points.

Posted

Exactly....To think otherwise would be foolhardy,in my opinion.