Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RG3 Benched

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

RG3 better watch it. If he continues to struggle, Snyder won't be so buddy-buddy with him.

Posted · Report post

a lot of this smells like bullshit to me.

they have new articles everyday up about some new developments.

Posted · Report post

To a certain extent.

RG3 has truly taken a far greater fall with the media than Newton did. There is hardly any grace left.

Posted · Report post

RG3 has truly taken a far greater fall with the media than Newton did. There is hardly any grace left.

Would it not be fair to say he's brought a lot of it on himself?

Posted · Report post

Would it not be fair to say he's brought a lot of it on himself?

as a football fan living in foreskin country the last 14 yrs. have been a hoot..........

haven't had this much fun fu*king w/ skins fans since Spurrier was getting QB's killed.

Posted · Report post

A part of me still is a fan of RG3, but he has greatly pissed me off over thr last two seasons, mainly because of his primadonna ways that he maintained while the media continued to slob him off, and simultaneously, Cam was getting trashed for nothing.

Now RG3 has been exposed for being self-absorbed, a poor teammate, and pampered... some would even say fake - everything Cam was accused of being with no evidence to support it. And now, Cam is everything all of the other young QBs wish that they could be.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This is a case of an owner being in love with a horrible quarterback.

The same thing happened in Tennessee.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To a certain extent.

You have not been paying attention have you? The media, led by ESPN, was all over Cam because he took a losing team like Auburn past their chosen college teams. Cam never did anything to the media. If anything, it was they who cause Cam to shut down. They were the ones who choose to turn everything he did into endless lightening rod.

And also, pay attention to who is really criticizing RG. It's not those who propped him up at ESPN or NFLN. It's the lower level sports folks. Who don't really count in the eyes of the more arrogants sport folks like those on ESPN/NFLN.

Posted · Report post

What RG3 is doing and undermining the coaches in Washington is 1000 time more damaging than asking for a suggestion box in a post game press confrence.

He gets the OJ treatment bc the Media is not satisfied with the NCAA not suspending Cam bc of his dad.

The media convicted him and view Auburn's win as tainted. So Cam has an unfair mountain to climb to get favor from the media gods. RG3 knew how to play the "oh Gosh..this is so humbling to be a QB in the NfL" which they eat up. Cam came out blasting 400 yards and doing the superman celebration which made all of them spit their hate coffee out. "he is so arrogant and he lost!!"

The media needs to punish RG3 but they will turn on the Shannahans as the scapegoat to cushion the blow.

I just look forward to the 900 press confrences RG3 will hold on the coaching search status...
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

What RG3 is doing and undermining the coaches in Washington is 1000 time more damaging than asking for a suggestion box in a post game press confrence.

He gets the OJ treatment bc the Media is not satisfied with the NCAA not suspending Cam bc of his dad.

The media convicted him and view Auburn's win as tainted. So Cam has an unfair mountain to climb to get favor from the media gods. RG3 knew how to play the "oh Gosh..this is so humbling to be a QB in the NfL" which they eat up. Cam came out blasting 400 yards and doing the superman celebration which made all of them spit their hate coffee out. "he is so arrogant and he lost!!"

The media needs to punish RG3 but they will turn on the Shannahans as the scapegoat to cushion the blow.

I just look forward to the 900 press confrences RG3 will hold on the coaching search status...

and maybe a search in Dallas too....lol

Posted · Report post

Redskin fans are in for a rude awakening, asking for the Shanahan's departure (though Mike, is apparently trying to help expedite matters with this 'ahem' benching). 

Say what you want about them. But it was their option based offense, that made RG3 look 10x better than what he is/was. If you bring in a new coach (unless he's a big name), you're gonna have the same situation: Snyder's committed to RG3. And in order for him to be successful, he needs to rely heavily on the run, and a high school offense, which will further increase his changes of being injured/re injured. Will that new coach, wanna run that offense, and (if so) do it successfully? And what legit coach, wants to work under Snyder (as the situation in Dallas with J. Jones)?

Last year, was a fluke for the team, and everything just fell right into place. This year, is probably closer to what they'll be, than what they were last year (and now the have no picks). Snyder would never have the guts to do what I'm about to suggest. But based off what I see, I'd be more comfortable with Cousins than RG3. Now if they trade Cousins for somebody good (or draft picks), what happens to the QB position on the Redskins, when RG3 inevitably gets hurt again?

Either way, I just don't think RG3 is a legit pocket QB in the NFL (with out getting into his Prima Donna, Selfish, Benedict Arnold Act in Washington). 

And the Redskins [world] Turns?

Redskin fans are in for a rude awakening, asking for the Shanahan's departure (though Mike, is apparently trying to help expedite matters with this 'ahem' benching). 

Say what you want about them. But it was their option based offense, that made RG3 look 10x better than what he is/was. If you bring in a new coach (unless he's a big name), you're gonna have the same situation: Snyder's committed to RG3. And in order for him to be successful, he needs to rely heavily on the run, and a high school offense, which will further increase his changes of being injured/re injured. Will that new coach, wanna run that offense, and (if so) do it successfully? And what legit coach, wants to work under Snyder (as the situation in Dallas with J. Jones)?

Last year, was a fluke for the team, and everything just fell right into place. This year, is probably closer to what they'll be, than what they were last year (and now the have no picks). Snyder would never have the guts to do what I'm about to suggest. But based off what I see, I'd be more comfortable with Cousins than RG3. Now if they trade Cousins for somebody good (or draft picks), what happens to the QB position on the Redskins, when RG3 inevitably gets hurt again?

Either way, I just don't think RG3 is a legit pocket QB in the NFL. 

And the Redskins [world] Turns?

Posted · Report post

From Sports Illustrated, by way of NFL.com:

NFL.com’s Mike Silver reported that, contrary to embattled Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan’s comments on the subject, Griffin has been shut down for performance reasons — not because of health concerns.

Hmmmmh! NFL.com Chris Wesseling, added:

Despite what Shanahan has said publicly, Silver's sources affirm that the coach switched quarterbacks for performance reasons. Shanahan didn't believe he could maintain credibility in the locker room if he continued to start a struggling Griffin. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297289/article/rgiii-extremely-angry-redskins-coaches-ready-to-be-fired

Oh Oh (though of course he may want to get fired, to collect his pay check)!!    :startle:

Just to add to the bizarre, from NFL.com's Dan Hanzus:

In other news, a Redskins player told Rapoport that Griffin and Mike Shanahan passed each other in the hallway this week without saying a word. RGIII has told teammates he believes he'll be playing for a different head coach in 2014.

Not surprisingly, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver has been told the feeling inside the Redskins' building right now is "bizarre." Mike Shanahan has not brought up the team's decision to sit Griffin with his coaching staff or players. Silver called it the "elephant in the room."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297895/article/kyle-shanahan-decides-he-cant-work-alongside-dad

Crazy, dysfunctional bunch over there it seems? They all deserve each other, apparently.