Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go.....Jets next...huddle game plan to win this game

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah I know we've had a damn great defense this year and I'm not complaining at all, I'm glad... I'm just saying we haven't really seen that Baltimore game level of nastiness since... the Baltimore game.  The Giants and 49ers games are probably the closest, albeit for different reasons.

Well, it probably has something to do with vanilla preseason offenses being executed by players that may or may not be on the other teams' rosters come September. All in all, the D has done what it's supposed to do, and that's a far cry from what was going on this time last year!

Posted · Report post

Tell Cam that if his internal clock hits 3 seconds, he needs to bolt, or he is going to have a defensive player wrapped around him.  Encourage him to use his legs to extend plays and roll him out of the pocket.

Utilize Tolbert more in the passing game.  Have him run the routes tht Olsen ran against New Orleans.  He is much better after the catch.

If we get pressure with our DT's this game, I think we win by a lot.  Put pressure in Geno's face and I think he makes some mistakes.

This is not a team though that we need to let hang around.  We have to put this game away by the third quarter.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Force TOs. TDs not FGs. Contain Wilkerson/RIchardson. 

This game is going to be a lot closer than some think IMO

Posted · Report post

We will have to rely on our defense. Shula's offense is the definition of inept against a 3-4 defense.

Posted · Report post

Bring pressure on Smith. Hurry his throws and get him dancing in the pocket. We need the front four to help out our secondary.
On offense, more Tolbert check downs and screens. Take some shots to Ginn. And for God's sake, keep Cam on his feet!

Posted · Report post

Force TOs. TDs not FGs. Contain Wilkerson/RIchardson. 

This game is going to be a lot closer than some think IMO

Coples and Pace can be equally disruptive.

I think it's simple. If we don't turn the ball over more than once, we win the game.

Posted · Report post

Show up to the game.............but in all seriousness find a way to neutralize there pass rush and for the love of god pick up the blitz on defense get after the qb and if it can't be done with four either blitz more or find a rotational player that will get there.

Posted · Report post

This game will be like the Tampa game. They have a good run defense so everyone will predict a close game(like Tampa) but we will put 30 on them. Fortunately their QB is completely in over his head so if we shut their running game down they are done. Geno will give us 2-3 turnovers at least. We ARE a good team, at home, and we just got embarrassed. It didn't go well in New Orleans with us facing that exact same scenario, so I expect the Jets to be in for a similar Ass Whipping or worse considering their ROOKIE QB has to face our defense that just got lit up on primetime. If we had won in New Orleans I would be afraid of a letdown, but we didn't so expect us to respond the same way we did after the Arizona game. I would roll Cam and move the pocket a lot to get Cam on the edges to help negate their passrush. Get Steve in the slot and Tolbert/Dwill in the flats I would also run some uptempo, no huddle not JUST ground and pound(which they will expect). Games that we have done more of that have been Cam's best. Gets him into a rhythm and he seems to improvise more.

Send the Jets a keg of OMB Copper and Rex's hungry ass a plate of BBQ because those are the only things they will enjoy about their trip to North Carolina.

Posted · Report post

Red Zone scores(TD's only)

Get off the field on 3rd down.

Run just enough to keep the D honest and lob it over the top.

Posted · Report post

Crowd needs to be loud on defense and shut up on offense! Im pumped for this game. Its gonna be my first one in a while that ive been at. also as someone else state force Geno to pass.

Posted · Report post

#77 needs to not be on the field.

Posted · Report post

Have our front 7 kill Geno Smith, squash the run game, and don't turn the ball over.  I'll say, looking at this game, being at home, as long as we are not in the negatives in Turnover margin, we will win this game going away.  In fact, if we are +2 or better in TO margin, Anderson will get some reps in the 4th.

• Masters of PIE !

• Recent Comments