Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 was the year we got the Franchise Quarterback

93 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If a good offensive tackle is available you have to take him. Gross is old and Bell is mediocre.

I hope we get mediocre Bell showing up this Sunday. He's either mediocre or flat out terrible.

Posted · Report post

If we don't have receivers who can get open, I'm not sure how much impact a new lineman can really have.

You can't be that football dumb.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I hope we get mediocre Bell showing up this Sunday. He's either mediocre or flat out terrible.

He has struggled with talented pass rushers. But overall our line is better than we give them credit for. We have won 9 games.

Posted · Report post

If we don't have receivers who can get open, I'm not sure how much impact a new lineman can really have.

pretty sure it doesn't work that way in reverse.  Without an improved line, Cam could  get hurt.

Impact players will not be available where we're picking.  We're going to have to choose the bpa at

position of need at the back end of the draft.

Unless we win the lottery, we're not getting any more Cam-Luke-Stars for a long time.

That said, Getty hasn't done anything to make me worry yet.

Posted · Report post

pretty sure it doesn't work that way in reverse.  Without an improved line, Cam could  get hurt.

Impact players will not be available where we're picking.  We're going to have to choose the bpa at

position of need at the back end of the draft.

Unless we win the lottery, we're not getting any more Cam-Luke-Stars for a long time.

That said, Getty hasn't done anything to make me worry yet.

Sort of. There are absolute stud players available well into round 3. It really comes down to evaluation. This is something that frustrates me with the Bobcats. They have missed on so many high picks, good players are out there, they just don't recognize it.

Posted · Report post

Sort of. There are absolute stud players available well into round 3. It really comes down to evaluation. This is something that frustrates me with the Bobcats. They have missed on so many high picks, good players are out there, they just don't recognize it.

you're right, Buffalo may have gotten the DPOY in the second round last year.

I'm a little jaded after hoping that the football gods smiled on us after JC fell to us.

Perhaps Star was a little make-up gift.

Still, while I think finding a true game changer in the back of the draft is not very reasonable , I'd be happy with just a

solid starter at a position of need.

We can't afford All-Pro's at every position anyway.

Posted · Report post

The only real weak link on our o-line is fucking Bell... I think Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Mathews in the first and Lael Collins in the second sounds good.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You can't be that football dumb.

Tell me why Cam have been scrambling his ass trying to make plays for us for all these years? Bc our oline just suck and Cam just wanna run?

The Oline has done a damn good job this season protecting Cam. Opening holes for the backs is another story.

We could have the Jets or SF's Oline protecting Cam, and Cam would still have to scramble to make plays. You're not going to convince me that Lafell, Ginn, and an aging Smitty are the answers.

You cant be that football dumb. Can you?

Posted · Report post

Tell me why Cam have been scrambling his ass trying to make plays for us for all these years? Bc our oline just suck and Cam just wanna run?
The Oline has done a damn good job this season protecting Cam. Opening holes for the backs is another story.

We could have the Jets or SF's Oline protecting Cam, and Cam would still have to scramble to make plays. You're not going to convince me that Lafell, Ginn, and an aging Smitty are the answers.

You cant be that football dumb. Can you?

Not really.

The offensive game plan has been adjusted to emphasize short, quick throws to compensate for protection issues.

There are bright spots but the line is, overall, bad.

Posted · Report post

If a good offensive tackle is available you have to take him. Gross is old and Bell is mediocre.

There almost certainly will be one available at our spot.

I believe that a Taylor Lewan, Tiny Richardson, or Greg Robinson will be there available to us. You have to weigh which position of ours is more of a need (WR/OT) and account that to the drop off of talents into the 2nd round.

Imo, there's a bigger drop off from receivers in the late 1st - the late 2nd compare to OTs.

This is what I'm looking at:

Late 1st (receivers): Matthews, Benjamin, Robinson

Late 2nd (receivers): Moncrief, Richardson, Beckham, Coleman

Late 1st (OTs):Lewan, Richardson, Robinson
Late 2nd (OTs): Collins, Mewhort, Scherff,Hurst, Henderson

Posted · Report post

We have to hit FA fast and get the top notch o-linemen so that we can address our other issues.

Posted · Report post

Not really.

The offensive game plan has been adjusted to emphasize short, quick throws to compensate for protection issues.

There are bright spots but the line is, overall, bad.

The right side is bad with Chandler/Scott and Bell.

We we need to do is retain Gross and Wharton. Dont even mess with that left side. Plug Amini at RG and who give a damn if he has to learn a new position. Amini was playing well and looked great early in the Arizona game. At this point, all we need is an upgrade at RT. There are plenty of OTs to have in this upcoming draft that we can wait for one in the 2nd round. If we feel like we need one badly, trade up.

and this adjusted short quick throw doesnt work bc still no one can get open. That's why Cam is scrambling for conversion.