#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm telling you guys many times when Cam is sacked he has some time. But when you see the downfield camera of the WR you see guys who are blanketed and have stopped on their routes. We need legitimate receiving weapons, right now we have 1/2 a weapon in an 80 year old Steve Smith and a tight end who couldn't run through a turnstile without going down.

Its true. The o line gives the receivers enough time to get open on a lot of occasions...problem is they don't get open.

Fans are just overreacting after a Sunday night loss. Our OLine has been beaten in the mouth twice this season only: Bills and Cardinals. They played good all season and imo other than Bell they played well last Sunday. Every time Newton gets sack, fans think its the OLine fault bc they only see half the field on tv. But no one want to mention the other various time throughout the season where Cam has to take off for a first down bc no damn receivers could get open. When Cam scramble to convert a down, fans tell themselves that (1) it's the OLine fault and (2) oh, Cam making it to ESPN highlights.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Gross might be one of the few players who signs that mythical hometown discount team friendly deal to stay here. He's on record saying he'd rather retire than not be a panther.

Exactly and I see him coming back for one more year bc we are a team that can win big next season. Don't doubt Wharton too. He's been a Panther for all his life except one season. I def can see Wharton taking a cheap deal.

#18 jayflip

jayflip

I hate charger fans...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Exactly and I see him coming back for one more year bc we are a team that can win big next season. Don't doubt Wharton too. He's been a Panther for all his life except one season. I def can see Wharton taking a cheap deal.

I dunno about Wharton. Before we re-signed him, he was holding out for more money.

#19 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I agree with a lot of you in that we need a WR that punishes defenses. A WR that gets off the jam, comes back to the ball, goes up to get the ball, catches the ball with strong hands, with speed and runs crisp routes. That alone will open up our offense...

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

We're going to need a RB too.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

We're going to need a RB too.

Take one in the late round: Silas Redd, Michael Dyer (Cam's former Auburn teammate), or the former Georgia Bulldog "Isaiah Crowell" of Alabama State.

We could really just find a traditional FB and move Tolbert to RB. 

#22 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Lets quit the TE talk. We are not going to run a two TE set. It's damn time to give Cam downfield weapons. This offense will go no where with legitimate receivers.

Give me:
(1) Lee / Matthews / Benjamin
(3) Landry / Moncrief / Beckham / Coleman

then I would even trade up in the 2015 Draft for "Amari Cooper" or the stud "DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM".

We actually do run a lot of two TE sets. Sometimes hartsock, Tolbert, or Brockel line up as the TE so not sure where you get the idea from. One TE is a receiver, the other a blocker. And we almost always run with two tight ends.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

We actually do run a lot of two TE sets. Sometimes hartsock, Tolbert, or Brockel line up as the TE so not sure where you get the idea from. One TE is a receiver, the other a blocker. And we almost always run with two tight ends.

Yea, I think half the damn teams in the league does that. What fans on here are saying is to go back to the two TE set like in 2011 with Shockey and Olsen.

If we're looking to go two TE set with one "blocker" like what you said, why the hell would we spend a high pick for a TE to just BLOCK?

The idea sounds intriguing, but we're not Brady and the Patriots.

You need legitimate receivers down field in order to win in this league. We already have one good pass catching TE. We dont need another one. We have "zero" receiver.

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

If a good offensive tackle is available you have to take him. Gross is old and Bell is mediocre.

#25 jayflip

jayflip

I hate charger fans...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

If a good offensive tackle is available you have to take him. Gross is old and Bell is mediocre.

I hope we get mediocre Bell showing up this Sunday. He's either mediocre or flat out terrible.

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

If we don't have receivers who can get open, I'm not sure how much impact a new lineman can really have.

You can't be that football dumb.

#27 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I hope we get mediocre Bell showing up this Sunday. He's either mediocre or flat out terrible.

He has struggled with talented pass rushers. But overall our line is better than we give them credit for. We have won 9 games.

#28 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

If we don't have receivers who can get open, I'm not sure how much impact a new lineman can really have.

pretty sure it doesn't work that way in reverse.  Without an improved line, Cam could  get hurt.

Impact players will not be available where we're picking.  We're going to have to choose the bpa at

position of need at the back end of the draft.

Unless we win the lottery, we're not getting any more Cam-Luke-Stars for a long time.

That said, Getty hasn't done anything to make me worry yet.

#29 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

pretty sure it doesn't work that way in reverse.  Without an improved line, Cam could  get hurt.

Impact players will not be available where we're picking.  We're going to have to choose the bpa at

position of need at the back end of the draft.

Unless we win the lottery, we're not getting any more Cam-Luke-Stars for a long time.

That said, Getty hasn't done anything to make me worry yet.

Sort of. There are absolute stud players available well into round 3. It really comes down to evaluation. This is something that frustrates me with the Bobcats. They have missed on so many high picks, good players are out there, they just don't recognize it.

#30 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Sort of. There are absolute stud players available well into round 3. It really comes down to evaluation. This is something that frustrates me with the Bobcats. They have missed on so many high picks, good players are out there, they just don't recognize it.

you're right, Buffalo may have gotten the DPOY in the second round last year.

I'm a little jaded after hoping that the football gods smiled on us after JC fell to us.

Perhaps Star was a little make-up gift.

Still, while I think finding a true game changer in the back of the draft is not very reasonable , I'd be happy with just a

solid starter at a position of need.

We can't afford All-Pro's at every position anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.