Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina O vs. Rex's 3-4

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Of course they know they need TDs, it was mentioned that Rivera said it before the NO game several times.  It is the players not making plays to put us in that situation.  Newton should not be taking sacks at that point.  He has to be decisive and get the ball out.  There were a lot of times last week that he was very late with the ball giving the DBs time to react.  Unlike Brees who was throwing the ball before the receivers were out of their breaks. No it wasn't all his fault but he played poorly for sure.

Our Wr's were not getting separation well either. So that combined with the pressure got Cam rattled. I wanted Cam to be more decisive at just taking off. Gashing a team  with a few big runs from him tends to shake up their whole defense. With our oline we should not be sticking him back there like a statue ala Eli Manning. We need to move the pocket more so the defense can't just pin there ears back and aim for the same spot all game long.

Posted

Who's getting defense? Settle down man.

You specifically said "fire, pull the trigger". You can't just expect your quarterback to toss it in anywhere when he's in the face in pressure. All that is going to do is usually lead to is turnovers. Perhaps Cam is nervous about throwing a pick, but we still need better OL play.

I said fire, or throw it away.

You can't take sacks in bunches, you can't recover consistently.

Posted

I said fire, or throw it away.

You can't take sacks in bunches, you can't recover consistently.

fuzz is right. cam sees nobody is open which he do, he gotta make quicker decisions to try to take off and scramble around and throw it away, that's all Wilson do and it works 

Posted

fuzz is right. cam sees nobody is open which he do, he gotta make quicker decisions to try to take off and scramble around and throw it away, that's all Wilson do and it works

Russell Wilson isn't playing behind the Panthers offensive line. He can literally throw it up, and have one of his receivers go and get it too.

Posted

Russell Wilson isn't playing behind the Panthers offensive line. He can literally throw it up, and have one of his receivers go and get it too.

Agreed about the O line, but his pocket presence is pretty good to though.

That said, I don't watch every single pass from Wilson like I do Cam.

Posted

Agreed about the O line, but his pocket presence is pretty good to though.

That said, I don't watch every single pass from Wilson like I do Cam.

It helps to have receivers that can bail you out every now and again.

Our #1 receiver right now is like 5'9. Steve in his younger days could go up and get it, not anymore though.

Getting Cam a taller target or two who are 6'4+ would do wonders for him.

Posted

Shula is not the problem, better execution would have went a very long way in the games we've lost. I can't name a game we have lost because of play calling, but i can name several we've lost because of poor execution.

2 people like this

Posted

well, at least it looks like Cromartie will not be available as they found out he suffered a concussion last week.  when he is on, he is good but has had plenty moments of lapsing.  i'd rather play them without him than with though.

Posted

Wilkerson although slightly hurt, is the best d-lineman we will have faced this season, especially from the 3-4.  We need to wear them down with some screens 

Posted

People criticize Shula about what he does but they dont point out the fact our Oline is still in shambles and our WR dont know how to get open without scheming to help them. NO one and I mean NO one on that offense can make a play except Cam and unfortunately he cant throw it to himself.

Posted

Actually Seattle oline is about on par with ours actually, Wilson been the most hurried QB the past 2 seasons. The difference tween Cam is that he's turning into a pocket passer opposed to Wilson who at the slightest sense of the pocket closing get to moving. But you're right about his receivers can get it, but Cam instead of aiming for someone can throw it out of bounds. Just get out the pocket

Posted

Perhaps there were two drops from him then, I've tried not to remember much of that game honestly.

I definitely recall a dropped 4th down pass though, maybe I'm wrong, who knows. If so, my mistake.

In Arizona he dropped a fourth down pass in scoring position. Sunday he dropped a sure first down with an opportunity for YAC. Hard to beat good teams on the road when you don't catch the ball, no matter the down.

See: New Orleans at Seattle.