#31 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Shula is not the problem, better execution would have went a very long way in the games we've lost. I can't name a game we have lost because of play calling, but i can name several we've lost because of poor execution.

#32 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

well, at least it looks like Cromartie will not be available as they found out he suffered a concussion last week.  when he is on, he is good but has had plenty moments of lapsing.  i'd rather play them without him than with though.

#33 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Wilkerson although slightly hurt, is the best d-lineman we will have faced this season, especially from the 3-4.  We need to wear them down with some screens 

#34 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,472 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

People criticize Shula about what he does but they dont point out the fact our Oline is still in shambles and our WR dont know how to get open without scheming to help them. NO one and I mean NO one on that offense can make a play except Cam and unfortunately he cant throw it to himself.

#35 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Russell Wilson isn't playing behind the Panthers offensive line. He can literally throw it up, and have one of his receivers go and get it too.

Actually Seattle oline is about on par with ours actually, Wilson been the most hurried QB the past 2 seasons. The difference tween Cam is that he's turning into a pocket passer opposed to Wilson who at the slightest sense of the pocket closing get to moving. But you're right about his receivers can get it, but Cam instead of aiming for someone can throw it out of bounds. Just get out the pocket

#36 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Perhaps there were two drops from him then, I've tried not to remember much of that game honestly.

I definitely recall a dropped 4th down pass though, maybe I'm wrong, who knows. If so, my mistake.

In Arizona he dropped a fourth down pass in scoring position. Sunday he dropped a sure first down with an opportunity for YAC. Hard to beat good teams on the road when you don't catch the ball, no matter the down.
See: New Orleans at Seattle.

#37 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

We've only lost 4 games this season. It's not the time for panic.
The fact is football isn't an exact science. Of course OC's scheme to win and DCs scheme to prevent that.
In between execution, physical prowess and luck take over.
Last week could have easily opened up 14-0 Panthers and the whole game changes. Our D line pins the Saints back as they struggle to keep up and our O line looks better because we can run the ball more.
But of course the opposite happened. I'm glad we have another shot at them soon because I'm sure we have a good shot.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

The players make the plays, but the coaches formulate the game plans, and call the plays to best suit the players in given situations.

No quarterback can get the ball out while laying on his back, we need better performance from o line, particularly the right side. Drew Brees frequently had all day to throw, if you couldn't see the difference between his OL, and ours, you need your eyes checked.

I agree that it was the players lack of execution and the o line in particular.  I don;t see how that poor performance was due to a poor gameplan.  Newton has hot reads and plenty of options depending on the defensive alignment.  If he gets sacked it is player execution not game planning.

#39 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Shula isn't the problem.  It is blitz pickups by the offensive line and the right side in particular.

He is the problem. As an OC you need to be able to game plan for pressure and a weak OL. ie Practice all week on short routes and getting the ball out in 2-3 seconds. 

I dont want to hear about the WR not getting seperation. Until I see Cam throwing the ball BEFORE the WR breaks consistently then I will throw up the hands and say nothing else can be done. 

So to recap, Cam needs to 

1) Get the ball out sooner 2-3 seconds

2) Throw before the WR breaks 

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

He is the problem. As an OC you need to be able to game plan for pressure and a weak OL. ie Practice all week on short routes and getting the ball out in 2-3 seconds. 

That is ridiculous to say that coaching can solve any problem.  He gives the players the plan but they have to carry it out.  I guess the game plan was for Newton to hold the ball for 4 seconds and then back out into oncoming pressure so he got sacked or overthrowing receivers by 10 yards.

#41 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

That is ridiculous to say that coaching can solve any problem.  He gives the players the plan but they have to carry it out.  I guess the game plan was for Newton to hold the ball for 4 seconds and then back out into oncoming pressure so he got sacked or overthrowing receivers by 10 yards.

I didnt say coaching can solve any problem. However scheme and play calling wise is all on the coaches. Execution is on the players. 

So if I were to see Cam getting the ball out in 2-3 seconds or scrambling and throwing the ball before WR breaks but the plays simply fail due to drops / incomplete passes / cam getting minimal yards on the scramble / ints THEN I would put in on the players. 

I am not seeing the above. I am seeing the same play calling ie ball control / run / longer routes etc. 

#42 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

I didnt say coaching can solve any problem. However scheme and play calling wise is all on the coaches. Execution is on the players. 

So if I were to see Cam getting the ball out in 2-3 seconds or scrambling and throwing the ball before WR breaks but the plays simply fail due to drops / incomplete passes / cam getting minimal yards on the scramble / ints THEN I would put in on the players. 

I am not seeing the above. I am seeing the same play calling ie ball control / run / longer routes etc. 

That same ball control has us averaging 23 points a game which is slightly above last year when we supposedly had a great offense.  And while we don't have as many big passing plays we have fewer interceptions, lead the league in 80 yard drives and in time of possession.  Frankly I will take that over the hit and miss big play offense of last year.

And if Cam isn't getting the ball out in 2-3 seconds it is still lack of player execution.  I am sure that Shula told him to get the ball out quickly and not hold it.

#43 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

That same ball control has us averaging 23 points a game which is slightly above last year when we supposedly had a great offense.  And while we don't have as many big passing plays we have fewer interceptions, lead the league in 80 yard drives and in time of possession.  Frankly I will take that over the hit and miss big play offense of last year.

And if Cam isn't getting the ball out in 2-3 seconds it is still lack of player execution.  I am sure that Shula told him to get the ball out quickly and not hold it.

Supposedly had a great offense?!? A great offense is top 5-10 in PPG / YPG. I am pretty sure that we were not close to that. Dont listen to the homers online. 

Everyone knows we have a ball control / establish the run / eat the clock offense. No one is gonna be scared of such an offense. 

You can take that offense and lose to the likes of Manning, Brees, and Brady every year. Bottom line is if we dont have a top 10 offense then we are not where we need to be on that side of the ball. Period. 

We need to be elite on BOTH sides of the ball. 

So you must think Cam is mentally retarded if he cant follow instructions and play calling ie throw the ball in 2-3 seconds BEFORE the WR breaks? You cant say its because the WR didnt get seperation as short quick passing game is built on throwing the ball before the WR makes his breaks / cuts. Cam should be throwing into windows where the WR should / will be not where he is. Thus if the WR doesnt do his job the ball would simply be an incompletion or int. That was not what was happening. We were calling the same plays we called all year. None of that is even mentioning Cam taking off running after 3 seconds which he wasnt doing. 

Id much rather lose TRYING the right thing. At that point we have done all we can do. Coaches and players. 

#44 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

I dont want to hear about the WR not getting seperation. Until I see Cam throwing the ball BEFORE the WR breaks consistently then I will throw up the hands and say nothing else can be done.

So to recap, Cam needs to

1) Get the ball out sooner 2-3 seconds
2) Throw before the WR breaks

You can't scheme around all holes....not consistently

Talent driven league.

Shula has a weak cast around Cam. Teams can exploit that at times and that doesn't make Shula the problem. Shula is doing a great job playing complimentary football

And to throw super quick.....you need talent that can get open quick. Those also can be high risk throws. QBs generally hate the quick slant bc they are throwing often into the unknown

#45 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Supposedly had a great offense?!? A great offense is top 5-10 in PPG / YPG. I am pretty sure that we were not close to that. Dont listen to the homers online.

Everyone knows we have a ball control / establish the run / eat the clock offense. No one is gonna be scared of such an offense.

You can take that offense and lose to the likes of Manning, Brees, and Brady every year. Bottom line is if we dont have a top 10 offense then we are not where we need to be on that side of the ball. Period.

We need to be elite on BOTH sides of the ball.

So you must think Cam is mentally retarded if he cant follow instructions and play calling ie throw the ball in 2-3 seconds BEFORE the WR breaks? You cant say its because the WR didnt get seperation as short quick passing game is built on throwing the ball before the WR makes his breaks / cuts. Cam should be throwing into windows where the WR should / will be not where he is. Thus if the WR doesnt do his job the ball would simply be an incompletion or int. That was not what was happening. We were calling the same plays we called all year. None of that is even mentioning Cam taking off running after 3 seconds which he wasnt doing.

Id much rather lose TRYING the right thing. At that point we have done all we can do. Coaches and players.

About having a scary team.....not just an offense. Can't build a super squad in today salary cap.

Saints have had some record setting offenses before and been middle of the road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.