Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera says he's sticking with Chandler

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think we want Chandler at RT... I bet a DE would blow by him in a heartbeat.

which wouldn't be any different than if Bell played there.

Posted

Bell's slow feet would be much better suited at guard.

Posted

They tried Bell at RG last season. Most just don't remember via repressed memories...as often the case with severe abuse.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bell's slow feet would be much better suited on the bench or another team.

ftfy

Posted

You guys are so smart.

1 person likes this

Posted

Byron Bell has been horrible most of the season. Another horrible CSX post.

Bell is a huge liability.  I appreciate his hard work and his inspirational story - but the dude is the worst RT in the NFL. That is a fact. 

Posted

Agreed.  I mean, why is Rivera even addressing the RG spot, is it because of the possible return of Chris Scott?

Either way, I would prefer a comment from the coach on Byron Bell's status - he's been abused far too often.

Media/PR tactic from Rivera. He's protecting his player Bell (which I can't really criticize him for doing). 

Posted

Scott has been a scrub his entire career.

I'd rather stick with Chandler too, as the guy has some upside once he really learns how to be an offensive lineman.

My complaint with Rivera is I think he would be perfectly content to go into next year with Bell at RT. If he doesn't, and truly understands it's a position needing an upgrade, then my apologies in advance. And just to get it out of my system, I also think starting Blackburn was an error on his part, just as it was an error on his part to be so bull-headed about keeping Beason in the middle for the first part of last year. I like much that Ron has done this year, but that doesn't mean he gets a free pass on everything.

3 people like this

Posted

Bell is a huge liability. I appreciate his hard work and his inspirational story - but the dude is the worst RT in the NFL. That is a fact.

A fact with no evidence attached? Enlighten us.

Posted

Chandler has been holding his own. Not surprised here. I think the whole right side of the line needs to be revamped in the offseason though. There should be absolutely no reason for Bell starting next year.

I'd love if we could draft a franchise LT and move Gross back to RT where he is much better (and that says a lot considering he is pretty damn good on the left side.)

Posted

A fact with no evidence attached? Enlighten us.

watch Panthers games. #huddlelogic

Posted

ftfy

well said .sir.