97 replies to this topic

#61 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

I think this just furthers the point that we need to find a quality RT, and maybe even RG, next season.

#62 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Chandler has only been a guard a short while.  He still has to ask Kalil who's he supposed to block most of time time.  And you want to move him to RT?  

Are ya'll nuts?

He may have better physical tools than Bell but that doesn't mean snot if you don't know what you're supposed to doing.  Bell is sadly the best option we have at the present time.  Hopefully, RT is the linemen we need to upgrade the most (assuming Gross comes back).

With Chandler, Wharton, Ameni, and Kugbila I think we're OK at Guard.  Maybe keep Wharton at LG and move Ameni over.  He was coming into his own nicely before he got hurt.  

Gross - Wharton - Kalil - Ameni - ????

Bell - Scott - and that one huddler that's trying out can be backups.

#63 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Cam has already matched his sack total from last year and it would be much MORE if he didn't have the ability to get out of them. This is ridiculous, he is sacked 10.5 percent of our offensive plays which leads the league.

#64 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

Chandler has only been a guard a short while.  He still has to ask Kalil who's he supposed to block most of time time.  And you want to move him to RT?  

Are ya'll nuts?

He may have better physical tools than Bell but that doesn't mean snot if you don't know what you're supposed to doing.  Bell is sadly the best option we have at the present time.  Hopefully, RT is the linemen we need to upgrade the most (assuming Gross comes back).

With Chandler, Wharton, Ameni, and Kugbila I think we're OK at Guard.  Maybe keep Wharton at LG and move Ameni over.  He was coming into his own nicely before he got hurt.  

Kugbila

#65 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,301 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

RR should be applauded for what he has achieved this year with smoke and mirrors substituting for talent in several key positions.

In this particular case "the answer" is definately not on our roster.

#66 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

For what it's worth, Chandler got his first green PFF grade as a starter vs. the Saints, positive in both pass and run blocking.

I also find it hilarious that we, message board fans, can matter-of-factly state that our coaches lack player evaluation skills when we're judging the results based off of a 3 hour game and our extremely limited concepts of responsibilities within the schemes.

#67 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,133 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

I like Chandler as a guy we can keep behind an eventual starter but he's fine right now for what we are working with.  

We need an RT who can legit pass block.  Bell is just not NFL caliber and is this year's Naka.

#68 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

For what it's worth, Chandler got his first green PFF grade as a starter vs. the Saints, positive in both pass and run blocking.

I also find it hilarious that we, message board fans, can matter-of-factly state that our coaches lack player evaluation skills when we're judging the results based off of a 3 hour game and our extremely limited concepts of responsibilities within the schemes.

I have never even coached even pee wee football......but I can tell you Jimmy Clausen sucks as a NFL QB and Tom Brady is great. Extremes are easy.

Bell's pass protection is an extreme. Gettlemen won't have him here next year. He is here now bc Gettlemen didn't touch this O with Ron having such questionable status

#69 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Every time Cam gets sacked, my 4 year old yells, "Bell, you big dummy!"  

even a 4 year old can see what is happening.

#70 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have never even coached even pee wee football......but I can tell you Jimmy Clausen sucks as a NFL QB and Tom Brady is great. Extremes are easy.

Bell's pass protection is an extreme. Gettlemen won't have him here next year. He is here now bc Gettlemen didn't touch this O with Ron having such questionable status

I never said Bell was great. But criticizing the coach's player evaluation skills because he is still playing Bell assumes there is someone better on the roster, which is Gettleman's responsibility.

#71 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Are ya'll nuts?

We will be picking pretty low in the draft spot  in the 1st round and the value of OL would be a good option.

1st round= RG -  Gabe Jackson  6'3" 340lbs http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ydrgJ0V1xY4

STARTERS: LT- (Gross) / LG-(Amini) / C-(Kalil) / RG-(Jackson) / RT- (BELL)

BACKUPS: LT-(chandler) / LG-(Wharton) / C-(Byers) / RG-(Kugbila) RT-(William)

#72 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

I don't have the updated numbers, but Ken said that Bell was 21st or so in the league right after the Saints game. So, assuming those stats weren't updated, yeah, he's close to the bottom 10% in the league.

The statement made claimed he was the worst. Not close to the bottom.

#73 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Chandler has shown tremendous versatility and the ability to learn very quickly.  He has good athleticism.  To me, he is a valuable backup who can save a roster spot, but his ceiling could be a 10-year starter.  Either way, I am glad he is on the team.  He is better than Scott right now, if you ask me, because he has heart.

Bell, on the other hand, must have pictures of Ron in bed with a fat woman.  That is the only explanation for his longevity at RT.

#74 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Carolina Panthers@Panthers 5m
Rivera says #Panthers will start 6'1 190 pound Carolina Huddler known as "Jakob" Rivera said "He couldn't do any worse than Bell" "

Hopefully he gets a career ending injury

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#75 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

You see what DG did last year with the dline, exoect the same on the Oline. He stated his plan is for "Hogmollys" on both sides of the ball. Probably oline first and second.and a WR in the third...start filling in the rest from 3 on. This problem with be fixed next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com