#76 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

You see what DG did last year with the dline, exoect the same on the Oline. He stated his plan is for "Hogmollys" on both sides of the ball. Probably oline first and second.and a WR in the third...start filling in the rest from 3 on. This problem with be fixed next year.

He will draft BPA... Biggest Player Available.

#77 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Chandler is gaining a ton of experience which will be valuable going into the offseason when he can focuse on strength & technique

#78 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

Growing old waiting for the Panthers go have a complete team.

....it's  process....apparently building a team and growing older.

#79 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

For what it's worth, Chandler got his first green PFF grade as a starter vs. the Saints, positive in both pass and run blocking.

I also find it hilarious that we, message board fans, can matter-of-factly state that our coaches lack player evaluation skills when we're judging the results based off of a 3 hour game and our extremely limited concepts of responsibilities within the schemes.

All I need is the end result....how many times was Newton:  sacked, hit, hurried.

I don't need grades from PFF.  Nice to have for technique and improvements but if the Franchise is on his back side one out of 10 plays or more, there is a problem.

QBs have a right to expect 4 seconds...how many seconds does Cam get on most plays in passing situations?

Compare that to what Wilson gets...and yes I know about long developing routes etc, but there is more than several times a game in a passing situation that Newton is one his ass with one step back from center. 

#80 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

All I need is the end result....how many times was Newton:  sacked, hit, hurried.

I don't need grades from PFF.  Nice to have for technique and improvements but if the Franchise is on his back side one out of 10 plays or more, there is a problem.

QBs have a right to expect 4 seconds...how many seconds does Cam get on most plays in passing situations?

Compare that to what Wilson gets...and yes I know about long developing routes etc, but there is more than several times a game in a passing situation that Newton is one his ass with one step back from center. 

for the last time. Cam generally has time to throw. no one gets open fast enough for him to deliever the ball. how hard is it to see that. are you not watching the games. you cant put sacks all on the oline all the time. recievers play a role in it and so does Cam himself.

Oline is not nearly as bad as people think when it comes to pass protection. now when it comes to the run its a different story

#81 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

You see what DG did last year with the dline, exoect the same on the Oline. He stated his plan is for "Hogmollys" on both sides of the ball. Probably oline first and second.and a WR in the third...start filling in the rest from 3 on. This problem with be fixed next year.

lol at WR in the 3rd. you must be Hurney. get off the forum lol

he also stated a need for TOUCHDOWN SCORERS. something we don't have and something that harder to get outside the first round. we can get all the hog mollies we need in round 2 and beyone

#82 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

for the last time. Cam generally has time to throw. no one gets open fast enough for him to deliever the ball. how hard is it to see that. are you not watching the games. you cant put sacks all on the oline all the time. recievers play a role in it and so does Cam himself.

Oline is not nearly as bad as people think when it comes to pass protection. now when it comes to the run its a different story

I love the people on this board who deal in absolutes 'for the last time'   Come on man.

Go and look at the games where Newton takes the snap, one step,  and is put on his back.  I assure you  they exist. 

Looking for a receiver is not part of the equation.

But whatever.

#83 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

I love the people on this board who deal in absolutes 'for the last time' Come on man.

Go and look at the games where Newton takes the snap, one step, and is put on his back. I assure you they exist.

Looking for a receiver is not part of the equation.

But whatever.

I've watched every last game. I've seen cam have all day to throw, all day. But held the ball because no one was open.

You saying that receivers don't go into the equations let's me know you know nothing about football.

Look at colin kap. He has the ideal oline and ask day to throw but he didn't have receivers that get open and there passing offense is even ranked lower than ours. Getting the ball out fast has alot to do with it

#84 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

We can agree to disagree.

You believe, It seems that line is adequate.  I believe it isn't.

#85 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I never said Bell was great. But criticizing the coach's player evaluation skills because he is still playing Bell assumes there is someone better on the roster, which is Gettleman's responsibility.

Ron was forced on Gettlemen. It was clear by DGs actions that he was focusing on his D and holding off on the O until he knew who he would build for.

Bell may be the best RT. I would assume both RR and DG wish they had addressed the issue in hindsight. RR I am sure wishes OL was addressed prior to the start

#86 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

Byron Bell has been horrible most of the season. Another horrible CSX post.

Bell has had 2 horrific games and 11 average games. Are you seruously suggesting that they should replace him with Chandler and calling my post horrific? Bell will be replaced in the offseason not when we are 9-4 becuase of your knee jerk reaction to the loss.

#87 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Bell is a huge liability. I appreciate his hard work and his inspirational story - but the dude is the worst RT in the NFL. That is a fact.

From a sacks, hits, hurries stand point there are numerous right tackles who are playing worse than him. He certainly needs to be upgraded but that would be a difficult fact to prove.

#88 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've watched every last game. I've seen cam have all day to throw, all day. But held the ball because no one was open.

You saying that receivers don't go into the equations let's me know you know nothing about football.

Look at colin kap. He has the ideal oline and ask day to throw but he didn't have receivers that get open and there passing offense is even ranked lower than ours. Getting the ball out fast has alot to do with it

I think opposing D's are choosing to drop back and make Cam beat them with his arm.  They know how elusive he is, and that he can torch them for a big run if they don't drop back in coverage.

That approach may make our pass protection look better than it is. 

This is why I hope we get a big TE somewhere in the draft to give Cam an extra checkdown receiver.

#89 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,403 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

He is here now bc Gettlemen didn't touch this O with Ron having such questionable status

Lol

#90 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,403 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Double post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.