97 replies to this topic

#91 beastlypanda

beastlypanda

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Ron was forced on Gettlemen. It was clear by DGs actions that he was focusing on his D and holding off on the O until he knew who he would build for.

Bell may be the best RT. I would assume both RR and DG wish they had addressed the issue in hindsight. RR I am sure wishes OL was addressed prior to the start

I dont think he was really focusing on the D particularly but I am sure he wanted too. If star had been a top 5 OL chances are he would have still drafted him. It really comes down to who drops into our position based on value and need. It just so happened we got lucky and we had 2 DTs drop into our positions. In any other draft I really doubt you could get away with something like that. Just look at fua and mcclain who were drafted purely based on need.

I think Gettlemen would want to draft OL as his number 1 priority but if there isnt value there I can see him going WR or CB. It really depends on who falls so you never know exactly who you are going to get until your pick is up.  

#92 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

All I need is the end result....how many times was Newton: sacked, hit, hurried.

I don't need grades from PFF. Nice to have for technique and improvements but if the Franchise is on his back side one out of 10 plays or more, there is a problem.

QBs have a right to expect 4 seconds...how many seconds does Cam get on most plays in passing situations?

Compare that to what Wilson gets...and yes I know about long developing routes etc, but there is more than several times a game in a passing situation that Newton is one his ass with one step back from center.

qbs have a right to expect four seconds?

That would imply the other team isn't even on the field.

Not even the greats get four seconds.

#93 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,160 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

I am very curious how the offensive line would look if Chandler and Bell swapped spots.

Yup, I'm shocked they haven't tried this yet...

#94 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Maybe they have and it did not work. We dont get to see practices.

#95 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hopefully he gets a career ending injury

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Now that's a real classy post. (Not)

#96 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Some of the positions that we have been talking about needing upgraded will be unrestricted free agents this offseason (Byron Bell at RT, Brandon LaFell/Ted Ginn Jr/ at WR, Munnerlyn/Florence/Mikell in the secondary.What Gman does in this regard will determine not only who goes or stays but how/who we select in the draft.

#97 Cnow81

Cnow81

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

Maybe they have and it did not work. We dont get to see practices.

Kind of surprised at the decision but that's a good point we don't see the practices.

#98 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

I am very curious how the offensive line would look if Chandler and Bell swapped spots.

Always said that Bell seems to be a better fit at RG that RT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com