Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam and Luck forced to carry flawed offenses

63 posts in this topic

Posted

People always wants to push these young QBs into the Brees and Brady categories when they are not ready. They forget that Brees and Brady needed much time to fully develop before they became who they are now as players.

It creates unrealistic expectations that most young QBs will never live up to early in their careers. That is why smart people always preach patience, something sorely missing in this instant gratification society these days.

While I 100% agree with you, the offense we are running struggles mightily against most decent defenses if Cam/Smitty isn't making some amazing play to keep a drive alive... =

edit: though I don't know if I'd place the blame on Shula all/most of the time anymore.  Critical drops have *killed* us in the two major losses to good teams we've had...

Posted

Here's another little factoid for you courtesy of Chris Wesseling of NFL.com:

Cam Newton has absorbed more hits than any QB in the league this year. Yes, even more than RGIII. So maybe there is a reason his mechanics and decision making aren't always perfect. It's tough performing at your best when you're constantly being bruised and battered.

1 person likes this

Posted

The psychology of our media. Always trying to align Luck with Cam's accomplishments, while painting the false picture of Cam being a work in progress and not as good Luck.It's clear to see the media knows its audience or else they wouldn't be still selling the BS. 

Keep pushing the false belief that CAM is this weak QB who needed to keep proving himself while ignoring the fact that if it wasn't for him, the Panthers offense wouldn't have been that great in 2011-13. I wonder if Luck was under center with the Panthers would this team have gone out and fix it's problem.

Also, got to love how you hear nothing negative about Luck's game, giving the impression that he's is this exceptionally talented QB and his the team's problem isn't his.

Posted

While I 100% agree with you, the offense we are running struggles mightily against most decent defenses if Cam/Smitty isn't making some amazing play to keep a drive alive... =

edit: though I don't know if I'd place the blame on Shula all/most of the time anymore.  Critical drops have *killed* us in the two major losses to good teams we've had...

amazing that I have been saying that for two seasons now. But my comments fell on deaf ears and I was called a Cam "Nuthugger," instead of what I am...a Fan of the game, who have been focusing on the issues of this team since 2011.

Posted

So...many...negatives...

So you do agree?  or Do you not agree that you can't disagree with the don't not?

i agree.

1 person likes this

Posted

If we didn't have Cam, we wouldn't have 5 wins. 

Posted

This one time e board discussed Gabbert over Newton.

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's another little factoid for you courtesy of Chris Wesseling of NFL.com:

Cam Newton has absorbed more hits than any QB in the league this year. Yes, even more than RGIII. So maybe there is a reason his mechanics and decision making aren't always perfect. It's tough performing at your best when you're constantly being bruised and battered.

Idk about that 

According to the stats on nfl.com, our offensive line is 26th in the league in QB hits. The redskins are 6th

Posted

Idk about that

According to the stats on nfl.com, our offensive line is 26th in the league in QB hits. The redskins are 6th

So... NFL.com contradicts itself? Doubt it. I seem to remember our O-Line ranked 19th overall in hits last year and Cam somehow finished second to RG3 in hits.

Posted

This one time e board discussed Gabbert over Newton.

Dark days indeed.

Posted

I think it's pretty obvious that Cam and Tolbert are the primary reasons why we have ANY success on offense.

Both are crucial to keeping drives alive on 3rd and 4th down. (Had to give Tolbert his due.)

As to Cam and Luck...I think there is little to compare besides age and this year's record. Cam's ceiling is ridiculously higher.

Posted

So... NFL.com contradicts itself? Doubt it. I seem to remember our O-Line ranked 19th overall in hits last year and Cam somehow finished second to RG3 in hits.

Eh Im going off the stats, not a writer. If it helps to choose what to believe, we're 26th. The Broncos is 32nd

But when you really think about it... how many times has Cam really been hit this year out of all the games? Not just the bad games like the 3-4 defenses, but ALL of them. Hasn't been that much

Here's the link

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&tabSeq=2&season=2013&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false