#16 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

People always wants to push these young QBs into the Brees and Brady categories when they are not ready. They forget that Brees and Brady needed much time to fully develop before they became who they are now as players.

It creates unrealistic expectations that most young QBs will never live up to early in their careers. That is why smart people always preach patience, something sorely missing in this instant gratification society these days.

Brady and Brees struggled, and Peyton threw 25 picks his first year in the league. I've never understood why people are so quick to bury people after such a small sample size. Guess its just the instant society we live in.

#17 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

If the MVP award was still given to the league's most valuable player, there isn't a single player in the league who would challenge Cam for it. He literally is the offense.

This team would be competing with Atlanta for placement in the division without him.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Its true our offense has fewer big plays this year.  Of course, its also true that we have slightly fewer turnovers, in particular fumbles lost.  Last year, we killed ourselves in a few games by making turnovers at critical moments.   This year, we have limited that issue.  Although we were extremely lucky in that regard in the SF game.  It still amazes me that two backs that rarely fumble did it on the last series and we recovered both.   

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,019 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

if cam was an immobile pocket passer we'd be 5-8

Unless he was Dan Marino with the quickest throw/release in the game.  :)

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,900 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Brady and Brees struggled, and Peyton threw 25 picks his first year in the league. I've never understood why people are so quick to bury people after such a small sample size. Guess its just the instant society we live in.

Brady didn't struggle in his rookie season.

#21 PghPanther

PghPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yup, and until we get weapons we will just be happy to make the playoffs every year...

I'm inclined to think once we have a superior Oline the weapons we have now and draft for in the future will suffice....

#22 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Brady didn't struggle in his rookie season.

He may not have struggled but he wasn't a big time QB and playmaker he became. He was for the most part a game manager his first few years as a starter.

In the regular season in his first two Super Bowl wins he had 18 and 23 TDs. In his first Super Bowl playoff run I don't think he threw for more than 180 yards in any playoff game. It wasn't until his 5th season that he started having routine 30+ TD seasons.

Ironically, he has never won a Super Bowl in a season he has thrown more than 28 TD passes.

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,900 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

He may not have struggled but he wasn't a big time QB and playmaker he became. He was for the most part a game manager his first few years as a starter.

In the regular season in his first two Super Bowl wins he had 18 and 23 TDs. In his first Super Bowl playoff run I don't think he threw for more than 180 yards in any playoff game. It wasn't until his 5th season that he started having routine 30+ TD seasons.

Ironically, he has never won a Super Bowl in a season he has thrown more than 28 TD passes.

You're missing it :)

#24 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

ˆf the offense gets REALLY  bad, we can always call Jimmy Clausen.... 

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

People always wants to push these young QBs into the Brees and Brady categories when they are not ready. They forget that Brees and Brady needed much time to fully develop before they became who they are now as players.

It creates unrealistic expectations that most young QBs will never live up to early in their careers. That is why smart people always preach patience, something sorely missing in this instant gratification society these days.

While I 100% agree with you, the offense we are running struggles mightily against most decent defenses if Cam/Smitty isn't making some amazing play to keep a drive alive... =\

edit: though I don't know if I'd place the blame on Shula all/most of the time anymore.  Critical drops have *killed* us in the two major losses to good teams we've had...

#26 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Here's another little factoid for you courtesy of Chris Wesseling of NFL.com:

Cam Newton has absorbed more hits than any QB in the league this year. Yes, even more than RGIII. So maybe there is a reason his mechanics and decision making aren't always perfect. It's tough performing at your best when you're constantly being bruised and battered.

#27 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...flawed-offenses

Nothing revolutionary, but certainly some perspective.

The psychology of our media. Always trying to align Luck with Cam's accomplishments, while painting the false picture of Cam being a work in progress and not as good Luck.It's clear to see the media knows its audience or else they wouldn't be still selling the BS. 

Keep pushing the false belief that CAM is this weak QB who needed to keep proving himself while ignoring the fact that if it wasn't for him, the Panthers offense wouldn't have been that great in 2011-13. I wonder if Luck was under center with the Panthers would this team have gone out and fix it's problem.

Also, got to love how you hear nothing negative about Luck's game, giving the impression that he's is this exceptionally talented QB and his the team's problem isn't his.

#28 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

While I 100% agree with you, the offense we are running struggles mightily against most decent defenses if Cam/Smitty isn't making some amazing play to keep a drive alive... =\

edit: though I don't know if I'd place the blame on Shula all/most of the time anymore.  Critical drops have *killed* us in the two major losses to good teams we've had...

amazing that I have been saying that for two seasons now. But my comments fell on deaf ears and I was called a Cam "Nuthugger," instead of what I am...a Fan of the game, who have been focusing on the issues of this team since 2011.

#29 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

So...many...negatives...

So you do agree?  or Do you not agree that you can't disagree with the don't not?

i agree.

#30 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

If we didn't have Cam, we wouldn't have 5 wins. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com