#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,538 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

it only took pages but umm. Reggie Wayne is out for the season. SEASON.

once he went down so did the Colts.

#47 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

This article would be better if it were only about Cam. They just can't keep Luck out of any story.

#48 mercules20

mercules20

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Cam and Luke*

#49 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Cam ran a 4.58 and Luck ran 4.67. When it comes to running it's a big difference. Every 100th of a second counts so you can't round them and say they have similar numbers. For example, you'll find DL and LBs run 4.67 while RBs and WRs would run 4.58. Not the same type of athletes. The media need to stop insulting people's intelligence. Plus, I thought Luck was the greatest ever and Cam wasn't in his league a year ago, what gives?

#50 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,998 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

You're missing it :)

what is he missing? Brady threw for 6 yards his rookie season.
Too small a sample size either way

#51 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Cam ran a 4.58 and Luck ran 4.67. When it comes to running it's a big difference. Every 100th of a second counts so you can't round them and say they have similar numbers. For example, you'll find DL and LBs run 4.67 while RBs and WRs would run 4.58. Not the same type of athletes. The media need to stop insulting people's intelligence. Plus, I thought Luck was the greatest ever and Cam wasn't in his league a year ago, what gives?

Unless my memory is shot, they both ran an official 4.59 at the combine.

There is a huge difference though in straight line speed in shorts vs. how well a player runs on the field. How well a player runs is greatly influenced by vision, elusiveness and ability to make cuts. No one is going to argue that Luck is as good at running the ball as Cam, no matter what the 40 time would suggest.

#52 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

Cam leads the team in RUSHING tds with 6.

No WR on the team has more than 5 tds.

So Cam has accounted for 26/32 of our offensive tds this year.

Think about that

#53 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Cam leads the team in RUSHING tds with 6.

No WR on the team has more than 5 tds.

So Cam has accounted for 26/32 of our offensive tds this year.

Think about that

I know the 26 number is right, but I think the 32 number is wrong. DWill has a couple, Tolbert has a few, between Olsen and LaFell I'm guessing we have about 8 or more.

I could look it up but I'm feeling kind of rushed right now.

Edit: Just realized I'm being dense this morning. Of course the WR and TE numbers are included in Cam's TD's. So I guess this means we only have 6 rushing TD's by someone other than Cam?

#54 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

I know the 26 number is right, but I think the 32 number is wrong. DWill has a couple, Tolbert has a few, between Olsen and LaFell I'm guessing we have about 8 or more.

I could look it up but I'm feeling kind of rushed right now.

Edit: Just realized I'm being dense this morning. Of course the WR and TE numbers are included in Cam's TD's. So I guess this means we only have 6 rushing TD's by someone other than Cam?

Yep Tolbert has 4 and Dwill has 2. For comparison Russell Wilson has 1 and Lynch has 10.

#55 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Wow... perspective from the national media?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#56 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

We'll have our weapons next season, I think. I see us locking down our team for a while this offseason. Get a OT, move Gross to RT, get a speedy receiver who can catch, and a CB. Everything else is just good depth. Problems. Solved.

#57 QueensKing

QueensKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

All I've heard is how Luck's line is so bad, and he has no run game, and he's had no one to throw to since Reggie Wayne went down blah blah blah... Ice up son, welcome to Cam's world. 

(nothing against Luck, he's a fine young man and QB, this is all from the media)

#58 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

Unless my memory is shot, they both ran an official 4.59 at the combine.

There is a huge difference though in straight line speed in shorts vs. how well a player runs on the field. How well a player runs is greatly influenced by vision, elusiveness and ability to make cuts. No one is going to argue that Luck is as good at running the ball as Cam, no matter what the 40 time would suggest.

on nfl.com cam ran 4.59 and luck ran 4.67. you might be thinking of jake locker. that's what the media intended for you to believe and you believed. isn't the media amazing!

#59 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

on nfl.com cam ran 4.59 and luck ran 4.67. you might be thinking of jake locker. that's what the media intended for you to believe and you believed. isn't the media amazing!

No, my memory is not that bad, and I have the ability to read past media BS. But perhaps your own biases have fooled you!

http://www.sportingn...newtons-40-time

#60 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

No, my memory is not that bad, and I have the ability to read past media BS. But perhaps your own biases have fooled you!

http://www.sportingn...newtons-40-time

When I mentioned "the media", that was it. One person hear that Luck perform similarly to Cam then deducted that Luck must have ran 4.59 too and write an article about and not even bother to confirm it.

Let's go to the source itself: http://www.nfl.com/c...luck?id=2533031

Like I said, you've been had by the media.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com