Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherAZ

Will these last three games make Newton a bunch of money?

74 posts in this topic

16 to 17 mil a year probably. Im cool with that number.

Random thought. There's been a lot of Cam doubters the past couple years due to The Panthers not winning. I (and others) have basically given him a free pass believing he didn't have the talent around him to win. Obviously the team has shown over the past month that they can win. I think these last three games is Cam's opportunity to show that he can be the leader and franchise QB the team needs to get to that next level. Can he rally the troops and close out the season strong? I believe he can and will. However, my question is this... If the team drops some bad games, loses winnable games, or doesn't put them in a position to be successful in the playoffs, does this impact Cam's next contract? Is the blame placed on him? Or is Cam already set as our future QB regardless of the end to this season. Here's to a 3-0 finish and a playoff run, but just wanted to get some thoughts.

FYI, Luck is playing as well as Cam played last season. His team made it into the play-offs on 8-5 record and a game he lost, says how weak that AFC Division seriously is, yet last season the media was all but ready to bench Cam for the Panthers 7-9 record and he was in some supposed Sophmore Slum. RG III season is over on every level, and like Luck, doesn't have the Sophmore Slum label on him. Yet, Cam has taken this very disfunctional team on his back and played his heart out, but some of you still sit there with this BS of what Cam needs to do to be seen as a label that is already handed to Luck and RG despite their playing abilities.

I ask the question again, why does Cam have to keep proving his worth while selfish and ego driven people keep determining what they believe will make him obtain these false labels, like Franchise QB and Elite?

you dont negotiate contracts based on what you have done, moreso what you will do.

obviously i get that past production helps gauge that.

He won't be getting a new contract this off season.

So the answer is no.

5 years 80 mil i'm guessing, but a lot depends on what happens this postseason

this would be a fuging steal

I hope he's more like Rodgers than Brees. Rodgers took a cap friendly deal, Brees demanded a deal that handicapped the team. While his contract shouldn't' be the same as either of those, I hope the structure is friendly.

this would be a fuging steal

maybe. I'm no salary expert... I don't see cam as the type to hold out for a monster payday. I also imagine there'll be a significant amount of incentives and escalators worked in as well

I hope he's more like Rodgers than Brees. Rodgers took a cap friendly deal, Brees demanded a deal that handicapped the team. While his contract shouldn't' be the same as either of those, I hope the structure is friendly.

In fairness, you have to think his contract will reflect how UNDERpaid he has been as well. Newton has been the biggest bargain in our history......we pay peanuts for his production currently.

I don't think that three games alone should make Cam deserving of a huge payday.  

1 person likes this

Being the top rusher two of the three years here really does help his cause. Not to mention he scores more rushing TD's than our RB's too.