Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will these last three games make Newton a bunch of money?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

you dont negotiate contracts based on what you have done, moreso what you will do.

obviously i get that past production helps gauge that.

Posted

He won't be getting a new contract this off season.

So the answer is no.

Posted

5 years 80 mil i'm guessing, but a lot depends on what happens this postseason

this would be a fuging steal

Posted

I hope he's more like Rodgers than Brees. Rodgers took a cap friendly deal, Brees demanded a deal that handicapped the team. While his contract shouldn't' be the same as either of those, I hope the structure is friendly.

Posted

this would be a fuging steal

maybe. I'm no salary expert... I don't see cam as the type to hold out for a monster payday. I also imagine there'll be a significant amount of incentives and escalators worked in as well

Posted

I hope he's more like Rodgers than Brees. Rodgers took a cap friendly deal, Brees demanded a deal that handicapped the team. While his contract shouldn't' be the same as either of those, I hope the structure is friendly.

In fairness, you have to think his contract will reflect how UNDERpaid he has been as well. Newton has been the biggest bargain in our history......we pay peanuts for his production currently.

Posted

I don't think that three games alone should make Cam deserving of a huge payday.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Being the top rusher two of the three years here really does help his cause. Not to mention he scores more rushing TD's than our RB's too.

Posted

He's been the best RB and QB on our roster for three years, two of which our offensive scheme was "go make something happen Cam ty".

Hopefully he doesn't kill us but if he wants he's going to get fuging paid.

Posted

Hoping that he values winning more than an extra million or two each year.  If he really is

so devoted to winning, then he should realize that leaving some money on the table makes that

more possible.  And a Super Bowl win will bring far more money in endorsements.  It's win win for him

to take less.

but if ego about being the highest paid QB, etc is a factor....

1 person likes this

Posted

I read an article about this recently. 

It basically said that no one really knows what to do with Cam's contract. He didn't get the stupid paydays that Bradford and his ilk did.

So does he get that money in his first "real" contract or is his first deal based off the rookie deal?   I think its the former. We'll see.

Posted

Cam knows what losing feels like....ie the first two seasons with us....he wants to win....He won't take a huge contract.  He had plenty of money coming in from other avenues...he'll take around 12-15 mil so we can bring in other players to make him better.  He's young and despite W-L record, he's done really well.  Think if any other QB had this OL.....Cam has done a lot with what he has to this point.  things are starting to turn and Cam does not want to spur that growth.  KEEP POUNDING!!!!!!