Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-Stew is not going anywhere..

100 posts in this topic

Posted

we

are 

fuged

hurneymagic

Posted

Im just saying, anyone that thinks Stew can stay and produce is saying they're fine with injury prone under producers. Deangelo has been a career 4.5+ ypc and this year isnt that far off of that.

I get the cap side of things but ultimately you're going to keep the producing players.

at the cost of 18m+ in cap space?

no thanks. i'll take my losses on the 5m a year if stew never plays a snap in 2014 and use the 13m left to extend greg hardy and/or sign a FA lineman

1 person likes this

Posted

at the cost of 18m+ in cap space?

no thanks. i'll take my losses on the 5m a year if stew never plays a snap in 2014 and use the 13m left to extend greg hardy and/or sign a FA lineman

you think that 18 mil figure is going to stick around with DG? lol

Posted

Im just saying, anyone that thinks Stew can stay and produce is saying they're fine with injury prone under producers. Deangelo has been a career 4.5+ ypc and this year isnt that far off of that.

I get the cap side of things but ultimately you're going to keep the producing players.

if you actually watch the games you will realize that deangelo is not very good. a lot of his yards have come in garbage time. he's done ok but not great. its time to move on.

i'm sorry i love the dude but he falls 90% of the time at first contact. our o-line not opening holes does hurt him. but he is nowhere near what he once was. You think another year he will stay the mediocre same or do you think he will regress? (30+ years old). we are stuck with stew because of his contract. we can only hope for the best and give barner some more snaps.

Posted

you think that 18 mil figure is going to stick around with DG? lol

what does that even mean?

1 person likes this

Posted

what does that even mean?

Hes saying Dwill is due 18 million next year, im saying restructure. whats your question?

Posted

God I have never seen a fanbase get their panties in a bigger bunch about RB contracts than this one.  Let the damn coaches and personnel executives do their jobs and decide who stays and who goes.  Are they being overpaid for their production right now?  Absolutely.  But there are overpaid players on every damn team in the League.  Get over it.

Both Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams have been great Panthers, and no one knows what kind of Panthers (or not) that they'll be going forward. So everyone who's going around calling other people idiots for thinking this, that, or the other will happen regarding our RBs, just STOP.  You don't know what's going to happen anymore than the rest of us do.

I, for one, am just going to pull for whoever is wearing the Panthers jersey come Sunday.

6 people like this

Posted

Hes saying Dwill is due 18 million next year, im saying restructure. whats your question?

i thought he was talking about stewart.

dwill restructured already. and im like 99% sure hes not due 18 million next year unless i completely missed something

Posted

I've been saying this for... what? 5-6 months? J-Stew is a Panther for at least another two years.

If anyone is gone, it's D-Will. It's damn obvious by now.

Posted

i thought he was talking about stewart.

dwill restructured already. and im like 99% sure hes not due 18 million next year unless i completely missed something

yea i must have missed something as well.

Posted

Regardless, I remain confident that Stewart is the superior back between the two. That hit he took on Sunday was unfortunate but that would have injured Tolbert and Williams too.

Posted

God I have never seen a fanbase get their panties in a bigger bunch about RB contracts than this one.  Let the damn coaches and personnel executives do their jobs and decide who stays and who goes.  Are they being overpaid for their production right now?  Absolutely.  But there are overpaid players on every damn team in the League.  Get over it.

Both Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams have been great Panthers, and no one knows what kind of Panthers (or not) that they'll be going forward. So everyone who's going around calling other people idiots for thinking this, that, or the other will happen regarding our RBs, just STOP.  You don't know what's going to happen anymore than the rest of us do.

I, for one, am just going to pull for whoever is wearing the Panthers jersey come Sunday.

Let it go.....this is just the flavor of the day.

Same group of posters have to find something to bitch, moan, and compain about every day.  It is the only thing that gets them up in the morning and keeps them from slitting their wrists during the day.

We have been bitching about these contracts for two years now.

You would think one of them woke up this morning and had an epihany that we have two bad contracts in our RB position.