#1 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

BACK TO THE BUZZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Kemba Walker doesn't have me sold he is going to be the starter for a long time in charlotte. The guy hasn't really progressed since his rookie year and actually has regressed in every stat category but rebounds since last year.   

2012 Averages: 17.74ppg   3.45rpg   5.74ast   1.95stl    42.3fg%    79.8ft%  2.24TO

2013 Averages: 17.00ppg   4.09rpg   4.45ast   1.55stl    38.5fg%    78.9ft%  2.25TO

He is being a slightly above average PG at best and isn't showing many signs of improvement and higher potential? If someone offers up a trade for him or we have a draft pick with a good guard available, do we take them and make kemba a back up or trust in him as a starter long term?

#2 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yes. Trading away anyone with talent is the ONLY way to find success in this league. Look what it has done for this franchise the past decade.

#3 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

BACK TO THE BUZZ

• HUDDLER
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yes. Trading away anyone with talent is the ONLY way to find success in this league. Look what it has done for this franchise the past decade.

I mean a trade for another pg like a bledsoe

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,819 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

His assist were going to go way down because of the way that Big AL plays the post and considering the team doesn't have any shooters or anything else offensively besides for Kemba and Jefferson. 

Honestly the team could use long term upgrades at everything but SF. You can keep MKG and build around him because of him being an ultra athletic glue guy. 

#5 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Depends on who we are trading him for or what player we are drafting.

We are still in a position to just draft the best player available no matter what position he plays.

But I would not be actively trying to get rid of him, but if someone better makes their way here than great.

#6 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Sure, as long as he's more like the #3 or #4 option. The league is saturated with pretty good but not great point guards, Kemba is one of many. We have more pressing needs but he's hardly a guy you build around. 

#7 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Nope. He's replacement level at best and he shoots too much. Only scores the numbers he does because of how many FGA he takes, which is something he wouldn't get away with on another team. On a contending team, he's a backup. He's not a great distributor, not a great shooter, and creates a lot of his offense off solo plays. If you're going to be a "scoring first" point guard in the NBA you need to be efficient with your opportunities. Kemba is anything but efficient. Guys can get away with being below league average on our team because we're a below league average team.

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,564 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Been saying this for a while now. Love him as a person, like him as a player, but dont love him as one. Kemba is not the long term answer in my eyes. He score big at times, but he doesnt "create" or "open" up this offense. He's not a game changer. Kemba doesnt make players around him better, but himself only. As of right now, Raymond Felton is still the best PG to ever played for this franchise.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,564 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Nope. He's replacement level at best and he shoots too much. Only scores the numbers he does because of how many FGA he takes, which is something he wouldn't get away with on another team. On a contending team, he's a backup. He's not a great distributor, not a great shooter, and creates a lot of his offense off solo plays. If you're going to be a "scoring first" point guard in the NBA you need to be efficient with your opportunities. Kemba is anything but efficient. Guys can get away with being below league average on our team because we're a below league average team.

YUP

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,819 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

The team is unfortunately going forward with Kemba from everything they've said which is disappointing. Then again we are talking about a team that got better in a off season they should have been getting worse in. lol 

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,181 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Kemba had a hell of a game tonight and for some odd reason we went away from him down the stretch which ultimately cost us the game against L.A.

Walker: 24 points (10-13), 8 assists, 3 rebounds, and 1 steal.

#12 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

He's a "off the bench" fire starter player but not a pure passer/make others better guy.  He never was.  We're silly to think he would be.  He still has lots of talent and is valuable and most importantly, our best option.

#13 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

I find it funny that Kemba is the best player on this team yet gets called out the most.

#14 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

BACK TO THE BUZZ

• HUDDLER
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

for some odd reason we went away from him down the stretch

Walker: 24 points (10-13), 8 assists, 3 rebounds, and 1 steal.

#TANK2013

#15 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

BACK TO THE BUZZ

• HUDDLER
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

I find it funny that Kemba is the best player on this team yet gets called out the most.

being the best player on the bobcats, is not saying much my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users