Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#11 Kentucky Vs #18 UNC

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Best game I've ever been too. It was absolutely wild in the Dome, totally worth waiting hours in the freezing rain with no umbrella or jacket.

Also, me and my two friends started the "Overrated" chants when Julius Randle was shooting FTs.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Just looked at the stat line if JMac can always go 12-19 from the free throw line I will take that all day everyday.

Posted · Report post

All this with one Harry Giles in attendance...

Posted · Report post

Nice hopefully that game excited him to give us strong consideration.

Posted · Report post

Who is Harry Giles is that a recruit?

Posted · Report post

Who is Harry Giles is that a recruit?

Yes. A very highly touted recruit. I don't lose sleep over recruiting like a lot of the duke fans on here - but Giles apparently is extremely sought after. There's a typical moron dookie on here who was crying for attention a couple months ago when nobody believed him that his cousin's sister's nephew was a water boy on the high school team Giles currently plays on. LOL. 

Posted · Report post

f7jm.jpg

Went to the game last night. I'm not a fan of UNC or Kentucky, but it was a pretty cool experience. The game started pretty sloppy on both ends. Neither team was very effective from three or at the free throw strike. Several lazy passes, coach Cal's technical at the end of the half, and his obsession with constantly subbing doomed the Wildcats. UNC has some pretty solid shooters.

One thing I noticed was that the UNC crowd is really easy to take out of the game. They were virtually a non-factor unless UNC had the lead. But when they did, they got really loud.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yes. A very highly touted recruit. I don't lose sleep over recruiting like a lot of the duke fans on here - but Giles apparently is extremely sought after. There's a typical moron dookie on here who was crying for attention a couple months ago when nobody believed him that his cousin's sister's nephew was a water boy on the high school team Giles currently plays on. LOL. 

LOL.  I feel you on the recruiting thing, all of the changes/back and forth these young men do will drive you crazy.

Posted · Report post

f7jm.jpg

Went to the game last night. I'm not a fan of UNC or Kentucky, but it was a pretty cool experience. The game started pretty sloppy on both ends. Neither team was very effective from three or at the free throw strike. Several lazy passes, coach Cal's technical at the end of the half, and his obsession with constantly subbing doomed the Wildcats. UNC has some pretty solid shooters.

One thing I noticed was that the UNC crowd is really easy to take out of the game. They were virtually a non-factor unless UNC had the lead. But when they did, they got really loud.

Yeah that's been the knock on the UNC crowd for a few years now, that's for basketball and football.

Posted · Report post

Yeah that's been the knock on the UNC crowd for a few years now, that's for basketball and football.

Yea, I had noticed it with football, but I really didn't expect it with basketball.

The tribute to Dean Smith at the half was great. It was an honor to have experienced that.

Posted · Report post

Yea, I had noticed it with football, but I really didn't expect it with basketball.

The tribute to Dean Smith at the half was great. It was an honor to have experienced that.

Oh wow I didn't know they were doing a tribute.  Of course it's well deserved I hope his health gets better.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

f7jm.jpg

I was on the opposite side of you, behind UK's bench right next to the band.

I wonder if other people could hear me and some of my buds going "WAHHHH" every time one of the Harrison's whined or went to the line. Did you here any of that? Or the overrated chant when Julius was at the line?

And you'd be surprised, that was easily the most alive I've ever seen/heard the place. Generally it's only the students getting loud and hyped, but even the oldies were into that game.