Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#11 Kentucky Vs #18 UNC

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I was on the opposite side of you, behind UK's bench right next to the band.

I wonder if other people could hear me and some of my buds going "WAHHHH" every time one of the Harrison's whined or went to the line. Did you here any of that? Or the overrated chant when Julius was at the line?

And you'd be surprised, that was easily the most alive I've ever seen/heard the place. Generally it's only the students getting loud and hyped, but even the oldies were into that game.

Yea. I heard the "overrated" chant near the end of the game. I didn't hear any of the "wah" stuff though.

There is no denying the UNC fans came alive when they had the lead. But early on when they were only down like 3 points, they were silent as could be. Just surprised me a little. They certainly got loud though.

Posted

Yea. I heard the "overrated" chant near the end of the game. I didn't hear any of the "wah" stuff though.

There is no denying the UNC fans came alive when they had the lead. But early on when they were only down like 3 points, they were silent as could be. Just surprised me a little. They certainly got loud though.

It happens. The stadium would be much louder and intimidating if they did student seating better. We kinda get screwed into random sections scattered around the stadium, but we take what we can get.

A couple thousand (3,000-5,000) students stood for hours in that pouring, freezing rain just to get told they couldn't get in. Dunno why they didn't do a lottery for this game...

1 person likes this

Posted

It happens. The stadium would be much louder and intimidating if they did student seating better. We kinda get screwed into random sections scattered around the stadium, but we take what we can get.

A couple thousand (3,000-5,000) students stood for hours in that pouring, freezing rain just to get told they couldn't get in. Dunno why they didn't do a lottery for this game...

Yea. I thought the student seating was a little screwy, but not too bad. I didn't get to CH until about 2:00. We ate at Top Of The Hill. Their Imperial Stout was quite delicious.

Posted

While I agree, UNC crowds have had a reputation for being somewhat subdued, I would actually venture a guess that this is a result of how up and down the team has been, and people were frankly skeered when we didn't have the lead...  I know to me, sitting at home watching, a 3 point UK lead had the 'oh no' feeling associated with it...

Posted

While I agree, UNC crowds have had a reputation for being somewhat subdued, I would actually venture a guess that this is a result of how up and down the team has been, and people were frankly skeered when we didn't have the lead...  I know to me, sitting at home watching, a 3 point UK lead had the 'oh no' feeling associated with it...

Yea, I could feel the fans get a little tense when UK jumped out to an early lead. Like I said, they redeemed themselves with their noise level later on.

Posted

College b-ball is completely meaningless until tournament time. It's almost like NHL hockey- just about everyone gets in.

Posted

Yep my son said students were in line before noon and didn't get in... That sucks! IMO first come, first serve and give them the best seats!

Posted

Yes. A very highly touted recruit. I don't lose sleep over recruiting like a lot of the duke fans on here - but Giles apparently is extremely sought after. There's a typical moron dookie on here who was crying for attention a couple months ago when nobody believed him that his cousin's sister's nephew was a water boy on the high school team Giles currently plays on. LOL. 

We actually should have gotten together and watched by nephew and Wesleyan play Northside here in Charlotte.  My nephew actually had 15 points and 12 boards in the game but both varsity and JV lost to Northside but you could have at least watched my nephew put on a show and see future heel, Theo Pinson.  BTW do you ever go to All American Pub?

Posted

BTW do you ever go to All American Pub?

Sure, I'll come drink beers with you at AAP. What time do you clock in? 

Posted

Sure, I'll come drink beers with you at AAP. What time do you clock in?

Don't think I invited you. I was there drinking before the ACC championship and ran into a guy who went to ECU but was a unc fan and thought it might have been you.

Posted

Don't think I invited you. I was there drinking before the ACC championship and ran into a guy who went to ECU but was a unc fan and thought it might have been you.

So you hit up a bar in Charlotte with one of the strongest female to male ratios in the entire city and you met a dude? 

Posted

So you hit up a bar in Charlotte with one of the strongest female to male ratios in the entire city and you met a dude? 

So you don't talk to people when you go to a bar?  Are you one of those people that can only talk on the computer?