Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We're Better Without Stewart

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Oh please. This was the 2nd ranked D against the run. It's not always about bad tackling. It is about a player making plays.

Oh please, this game was sloppy. Both run defenses (top two in the League) gave up 100+ yards rushing on more than 5.3 YPA overall. Call it what you want. From what I saw, Carolina and New York played below their standards.

Posted · Report post

I wonder how much Williams has bulked up since he got into the league? I think he is still good, but he was special because of his amazing quickness and speed. I think he got too big trying to fit into a certain mold of an "every down" back. I don't feel like digging to watch videos from the past and comparing them to recent videos, or even looking up his listed weight from his rookie year versus now, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I think the surgery he had on his ankle, after the 09 season I believe, robbed him of that ability to stop on a dime and cutback against the grain like he used to do all the time. Still, if he is given the ball and featured, not just in the running game but in the passing game, he is still more than capable.

Posted · Report post

hope by some miracle we find a way to keep D-Will... I love him, favorite Panther of all time.  I think the money doesn't work out for that to happen though, unless we find a crazy way to restructure him and stew.

Posted · Report post

Oh please, this game was sloppy. Both run defenses (top two in the League) gave up 100+ yards rushing on more than 5.3 YPA overall. Call it what you want. From what I saw, Carolina and New York played below their standards.

So that screen that he housed was because of poor tackling right? That speed he displayed was because the Jets were subpar? Mike Tolbert had 12 carries for 18 yards, sir...

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

For at least this year we need as much help as we can because our WRs are just not getting open. So whatever our RBs give us we'll take.

Posted · Report post

So that screen that he housed was because of poor tackling right? That speed he displayed was because the Jets were subpar? Mike Tolbert had 12 carries for 18 yards, sir...

Nope. Brilliant execution by Cam and the offense. Newton completely fooled The Jets' D on that screen and Williams burned them.

Like Kendrick pointed out, D-Will didn't warm up with the more touches he amassed. He appeared quite good right from the start of the game.

Posted · Report post

I almost wonder if it is mental with Williams. It's not that he gets into a rhythm when he is the feature...it's that he is already in a mental state when the team tells him he is getting the reps. Not having to worry about whether he is getting 4 or 6 or 10 touches.

Who knows

Posted · Report post

Smitty said it best, it's next to impossible to get into a rhythm getting 5-10 touches a game. Let DWill get going and we will benefit from it. Bank

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Stewart has not been healthy all year. So yes Dwill has been the better back and anyone saying No just does not like Dwill.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

there's something to be said for momentum and the confidence that comes with being in as a starter that i think shouldn't be underplayed. i'm not a fan of a constant rotation between three, sometimes four guys.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I almost wonder if it is mental with Williams. It's not that he gets into a rhythm when he is the feature...it's that he is already in a mental state when the team tells him he is getting the reps. Not having to worry about whether he is getting 4 or 6 or 10 touches.

Who knows

Its not mental its our team does not trap block well. Dwill does not run well in between the tackles and our Oline does not do a good job of blocking outside. The only starting players on that like are Gross and Kalil and its way down hill after that.

Posted · Report post

Its not mental its our team does not trap block well. Dwill does not run well in between the tackles and our Oline does not do a good job of blocking outside. The only starting players on that like are Gross and Kalil and its way down hill after that.

It's just interesting that when he is the feature back he does so much better.

End of last year, start of this year, today.

Maybe just coincidence

1 person likes this

• Masters of PIE !