96 replies to this topic

#16 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Deangelo always runs better when he can sink into a rhythm. We have too many backs.
who we feel compelled to distribute fair touches too.

OP is right.

#17 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I been saying fug stewart from day 1 nd the huddle crucified me for saying so but in the end as usual I am right

Sent from my SGH-T399 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Stewart was the better, more gifted back of the two, when he first came out of college. If you thought DWill was better from day one, then you are an absolute idiot and your judgment of football players leaves much to be desired. (Which fits nicely with your avatar).

However, Stewart just got injured often and never could practice. That was his issue and still is.

#18 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,218 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I second that!!!!

#19 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Dwill is simply better the more touches he gets. He always has been. He's not exactly the same back he was but he still can break off big gains and make defenses pay. He's not done yet.
Stew is much better at getting yards even with few touches. But, I think the time he missed earlier in the season costs the offense a bit when he's in the game. Maybe I'm wrong though.

You're not wrong. You are 100% accurate.

#20 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Deangelo always runs better when he can sink into a rhythm. We have too many backs.
who we feel compelled to distribute fair touches too.

OP is right.

100%

#21 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

I want to be optimistic about D-Will's day but The Taints made those tackles that The Jets missed today. Let's hope for redemption. We need a rushing attack outside Newton.

Oh please. This was the 2nd ranked D against the run. It's not always about bad tackling. It is about a player making plays.

#22 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I wonder how much Williams has bulked up since he got into the league? I think he is still good, but he was special because of his amazing quickness and speed. I think he got too big trying to fit into a certain mold of an "every down" back. I don't feel like digging to watch videos from the past and comparing them to recent videos, or even looking up his listed weight from his rookie year versus now, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

#23 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,288 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

The Jets were the #2 run D going into the game today btw

#24 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Stewart was the better, more gifted back of the two, when he first came out of college. If you thought DWill was better from day one, then you are an absolute idiot and your judgment of football players leaves much to be desired. (Which fits nicely with your avatar).

However, Stewart just got injured often and never could practice. That was his issue and still is.

When Stewart came out there was only one back in the league who had the physical talent he had. He plays in Minnesota. I remember #28 taking a pitch during his first preseason game and housing it up the sideline for a score. That 200 yard game against the Giants is one of the best games Ive ever seen from a back. Power, speed, agility, finesse, and fearlessness all on display. That back is gone. I am not sure when it happen but somewhere along the way he lost some of his agility. He has good straight line explosion but not nearly as agile anymore. That was what seperated him. Stew will come back and he will be productive again. But that dynamic player he used to be is gone.

#25 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Oh please. This was the 2nd ranked D against the run. It's not always about bad tackling. It is about a player making plays.

Oh please, this game was sloppy. Both run defenses (top two in the League) gave up 100+ yards rushing on more than 5.3 YPA overall. Call it what you want. From what I saw, Carolina and New York played below their standards.

#26 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

I wonder how much Williams has bulked up since he got into the league? I think he is still good, but he was special because of his amazing quickness and speed. I think he got too big trying to fit into a certain mold of an "every down" back. I don't feel like digging to watch videos from the past and comparing them to recent videos, or even looking up his listed weight from his rookie year versus now, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I think the surgery he had on his ankle, after the 09 season I believe, robbed him of that ability to stop on a dime and cutback against the grain like he used to do all the time. Still, if he is given the ball and featured, not just in the running game but in the passing game, he is still more than capable.

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

hope by some miracle we find a way to keep D-Will... I love him, favorite Panther of all time.  I think the money doesn't work out for that to happen though, unless we find a crazy way to restructure him and stew.

#28 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Oh please, this game was sloppy. Both run defenses (top two in the League) gave up 100+ yards rushing on more than 5.3 YPA overall. Call it what you want. From what I saw, Carolina and New York played below their standards.

So that screen that he housed was because of poor tackling right? That speed he displayed was because the Jets were subpar? Mike Tolbert had 12 carries for 18 yards, sir...

#29 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

For at least this year we need as much help as we can because our WRs are just not getting open. So whatever our RBs give us we'll take.

#30 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

So that screen that he housed was because of poor tackling right? That speed he displayed was because the Jets were subpar? Mike Tolbert had 12 carries for 18 yards, sir...

Nope. Brilliant execution by Cam and the offense. Newton completely fooled The Jets' D on that screen and Williams burned them.

Like Kendrick pointed out, D-Will didn't warm up with the more touches he amassed. He appeared quite good right from the start of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com