96 replies to this topic

#31 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

I almost wonder if it is mental with Williams. It's not that he gets into a rhythm when he is the feature...it's that he is already in a mental state when the team tells him he is getting the reps. Not having to worry about whether he is getting 4 or 6 or 10 touches.

Who knows

#32 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Smitty said it best, it's next to impossible to get into a rhythm getting 5-10 touches a game. Let DWill get going and we will benefit from it. Bank

#33 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Stewart has not been healthy all year. So yes Dwill has been the better back and anyone saying No just does not like Dwill.

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

there's something to be said for momentum and the confidence that comes with being in as a starter that i think shouldn't be underplayed. i'm not a fan of a constant rotation between three, sometimes four guys.

#35 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

I almost wonder if it is mental with Williams. It's not that he gets into a rhythm when he is the feature...it's that he is already in a mental state when the team tells him he is getting the reps. Not having to worry about whether he is getting 4 or 6 or 10 touches.

Who knows

Its not mental its our team does not trap block well. Dwill does not run well in between the tackles and our Oline does not do a good job of blocking outside. The only starting players on that like are Gross and Kalil and its way down hill after that.

#36 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Its not mental its our team does not trap block well. Dwill does not run well in between the tackles and our Oline does not do a good job of blocking outside. The only starting players on that like are Gross and Kalil and its way down hill after that.

It's just interesting that when he is the feature back he does so much better.

End of last year, start of this year, today.

Maybe just coincidence

#37 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Cut him...we conte need him...

#38 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Also he ran pretty well up the middle today

#39 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Maybe just coincidence

Only reason was because they did not tackle well. Dwill was breaking tackles like he was a greased pig.

#40 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Maybe just coincidence

Not a coincedence at all... It has happened too many time for it to be a coincedence. From his time in college to his time now, he always have been better as the game went on. That goes for any back really...

#41 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Nope. Brilliant execution by Cam and the offense. Newton completely fooled The Jets' D on that screen and Williams burned them.

Like Kendrick pointed out, D-Will didn't warm up with the more touches he amassed. He appeared quite good right from the start of the game.

Forerunner, I respect you and Kendrick but that just isnt correct. I can't find the stats, but i believe he was averaging 2 or 3 yards a carry for most of that first half. He got better as the game went along. Just like the Seattle game. Very little shotgun handoffs. Either way, he is better and the team is better when one guy is featured. i mean that cant be debated. When #28 got the game to himself against Tampa he struggled. Whenever he comes back Rivera need to pick a guy and move forward. enough with this sharing carries nonsense.

#42 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,300 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Forerunner, I respect you and Kendrick but that just isnt correct. I can't find the stats, but i believe he was averaging 2 or 3 yards a carry for most of that first half. He got better as the game went along. Just like the Seattle game. Very little shotgun handoffs. Either way, he is better and the team is better when one guy is featured. i mean that cant be debated. When #28 got the game to himself against Tampa he struggled. Whenever he comes back Rivera need to pick a guy and move forward. enough with this sharing carries nonsense.

While he was averaging much lower in the first half, you can't deny D-Will was on a mission to prove himself after his poor effort against The Saints. Williams was running harder than he was last week. I saw that right from the get-go. He was motivated. Granted, our O-Line is a big reason why our RBs are appearing substandard but I'm not ready to believe DeAngelo will crush New Orleans if he acquires 20+ carries. It's gonna take more than one game to convince me.

A running back committee works though. Changing the pace keeps opposing defenses on their heels. I blame Shula for some of the bone-headed moves. D-Will, for example, shouldn't be used to run the ball up the middle or in other power-running situations. That's what we got Tolbert and Stewart for (both are averaging 3.0+ yards per carry as opposed to Williams who is averaging 1.7). As great as Shula appears at times, he's not a mad scientist. He needs to give D-Will more opportunities on the outside.

#43 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

While he was averaging much lower in the first half, you can't deny D-Will was on a mission to prove himself after his poor effort against The Saints. Williams was running harder than he was last week. I saw that right from the get-go. He was motivated. Granted, our O-Line is a big reason why our RBs are appearing substandard but I'm not ready to believe DeAngelo will crush New Orleans if he acquires 20+ carries. It's gonna take more than one game to convince me.

A running back committee works though. Changing the pace keeps opposing defenses on their heels. I blame Shula for some of the bone-headed moves. D-Will, for example, shouldn't be used to run the ball up the middle or in other power-running situations. That's what we got Tolbert and Stewart for (both are averaging 3.0+ yards per carry as opposed to Williams who is averaging 1.7). As great as Shula appears at times, he's not a mad scientist. He needs to give D-Will more opportunities on the outside.

Poor effort against the Saints? Forerunner, what are you talking about? He ran well last week....

#44 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,300 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

Poor effort against the Saints? Forerunner, what are you talking about? He ran well last week....

D-Will only had 13 carries but he sure as hell wasn't a factor in the second half of that game. I remember him being stuffed at the line for a minimal gain on three carries and missing a few block assignments. Then again, the entire team appeared lethargic.

#45 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Really....too little info on them playing together this year....you remember when they were double trouble.....stewart was finally getting his legs back and then of course another injury....that's the way its been for him...he's a great feature on our Off when he is available.....KEEP POUNDING!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.