Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the point of Kenjon Barner?

123 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why is he on the Carolina Panthers team? Why does he sometimes get on the field?

Posted · Report post

He is here because we offered him a contract and some money

Posted · Report post

Dude needs to put on a few pounds... or 20... needs to put on some size in the off season.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I actually want to see him get 10 carries a game or so. But they want to bring him in slow, dont need a fumble or a terrible blitz pickup to stop our playoff chances. They are letting him get some snaps at ST and a few snaps on o to let him get comfortable. And once they know he can be trusted they will use him more. He is small but so is lots of other scat back type of RBs. he will be used in the screen game and read option runs in the future. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I get nervous when he's on the field. He looks like RG3 when he gets hit.
9 people like this

Posted · Report post

Nobody has any patience anymore! The kid is talented, but he's just a rookie. He needs time to put on some weight and adjust to the NFL game. Not everybody is a Keek or Sheldon Richardson who can be a stud right off the bat. We saw some indication of what Barner can bring to the table by his preseason play. Give the kid time to develop, and I think he'll more likely than not be a solid addition to the lineup. As for his performance so far, I also think it's unfair to lay all the blame at his feet. Play calling and an Oline that seems to have trouble opening holes between the tackles this year are also contributing factors to Barner's mediocre numbers. We gave AE three years to get it together. I think Barner deserves at least a season or two to grow into his role.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

when he learns to stop dropping the fucking ball, he may be good

Posted · Report post

He looks so small next to the other players. He really needs to bulk up. But I agree he's not getting much action because he's a victim of our success. If we only had 5 or 6 wins right now, I get the feeling we'd be seeing a lot more of him to see which of our other backs were expendable.

Posted · Report post

What was the point of having Greg Hardy on the team when he was a low round rookie?

8 people like this

Posted · Report post

What was the point of having Greg Hardy on the team when he was a low round rookie?

Before his injury and character concerns he was projected as a possible top 5 pick. Steal.

Posted · Report post

Barner is a late round pick rookie? Why are people calling hin out yet? I just don`t get it!

1 person likes this