Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Post 'em as you find them.

Shutdown Corner
http://sports.yahoo....rBSkmYARNlNbK5_

3. Carolina Panthers (10-4, LW: 4)
Next Sunday is basically a playoff game for the Panthers, given everything that's at stake. You'd figure the Carolina crowd will act like it is.

USA Today
http://www.usatoday....s/nfl/rankings/

5 10-4 ^2 The more RB DeAngelo Williams produces, the more it lightens the load on QB Cam Newton.

SB Nation

http://www.sbnation....ankings-week-16

4. Carolina Panthers

Current Playoff Projection: NFC #5 seed (Wild Card)

The defense was a little more lax than expected, but the Panthers still managed a comfortable home win against the Jets while no doubt giggling to themselves as the Saints dropped a game on the road. The offense was treated to the annual Random DeAngelo Williams 150-Yard Outburst while Greg Olsen continued to prove that he's the most reliable element in the Panthers' passing game. Carolina will be breathing fire this week to avenge their unsightly loss in the Superdome, and if they can further the Saints' road woes they'll be in prime shape to claim the division crown. (Last week: 6)

Walter Football

http://walterfootbal...werrankings.php

2. panthersb_logo.gif Carolina Panthers (10-4) - Previously: #4 - The Panthers had all the reason in the world to trip up like the Saints did at St. Louis, but they essentially beat the Jets by 17. They've kicked the crap out of inferior competition all year.

While Carolina is a very good team, I have some issues with its fans. I recently said that Cam Newton is the least-proven out of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees, which is factually correct. However, at least five Panther fans told me to basically f*** myself because I was hating on Cam again. Really? Oh OK, I guess Cam is just as proven as three quarterbacks who have a combined five Super Bowl rings. Derp.

Luckily, Panther fans are not all insane. Here's one who thinks very clearly:

I sick of all of these band wagon jumping "Panthers fans" who think that just because were winning that means they can go around trolling power rankings that think the Panthers aren't number one. I'm a Panthers fan too, but this is ridiculous. News flash, 1) Cam isn't God, and 2) were ranked number 4. Quit you're incessant whining.

Yeah, what he said!

#2 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

The offense was treated to the annual Random DeAngelo Williams 150-Yard Outburst

So true haha

#3 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

So true haha

My thought as well.

#4 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Walter Football summary: Carolina is pretty good, now here's three paragraphs about why Cam isn't as good as three Superbowl winning future hall of fame quarterbacks.

#5 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,369 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Any outlet that puts SF or NE ahead of us is a joke.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,976 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

We're def top 5 in the NFL.  Beyond that, who cares...  it's all just opinions anyway.

I'm glad the Panthers are being discussed though.

#7 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Walter Football summary: Carolina is pretty good, now here's three paragraphs about why Cam isn't as good as three Superbowl winning future hall of fame quarterbacks.

Im totally convinced that he is either an Oregon fan or that Cam fuged his sister.

#8 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Stop linking Walterfootball to this website. It is no different than any poster here writing up a power rankings sheet.

#9 rg3and10

rg3and10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Stop linking Walterfootball to this website. It is no different than any poster here writing up a power rankings sheet.

http://walterfootball.com/index.php

Also,

http://m.cvs.com/mt/...?pt=SUBCATEGORY

#10 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,324 posts

FWIW, Herm Edwards just said on ESPN he thinks the Panthers win the division.

#11 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

A WHOLE PIE!

Im totally convinced that he is either an Oregon fan or that Cam fuged his sister.

Or both. Cam is, after all, a dual threat.

#12 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,780 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

WalterFootball, 2 lines about the Panthers in a positive light (that's really a back-handed compliment); three paragraphs on how crappy the team, Cam, and Panthers fans are.  Wow...Fug us, right?

You could probably make the same complaints about any fanbase. I'm sure there are 49ers, Saints, Patriots and Chiefs fans who send him emails every week complaining their teams aren't ranked higher. The reason he includes the totally irrelevant complaint emails he gets from overenthusiastic fans (shocking, right?) in his power rankings at all is so he can get a jab in at the Panthers and not have to have something overwhelmingly positive to say about them.

#13 MCC

MCC

• ALL-PRO
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

You're so annoying. 

#14 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Off topic, this may be a super conspiracy theory on my part but is it just me or did the play calling against our Saints game seem very generic? Gross said Rivera predicted all along the Saints will lose at the Rams and face us in Charlotte for the crown. Maybe just maybe did Rivera see this coming and knowing the odds of winning in the superdome he chose to wait until the matchup in Charlotte to open up the playbook and punch the Saints in the mouth while they are down? No im not saying we played that game to lose, we just played it smart is all.

#15 PghPanther

PghPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

We're def top 5 in the NFL.  Beyond that, who cares...  it's all just opinions anyway.

I'm glad the Panthers are being discussed though.

Well stated..............the top 5 are interchangeable at any time......

.....once you can stay in that group each time has the right to claim being the best on any given Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com