Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inimicus

Week 16 Power Rankings

107 posts in this topic

Off topic, this may be a super conspiracy theory on my part but is it just me or did the play calling against our Saints game seem very generic? Gross said Rivera predicted all along the Saints will lose at the Rams and face us in Charlotte for the crown. Maybe just maybe did Rivera see this coming and knowing the odds of winning in the superdome he chose to wait until the matchup in Charlotte to open up the playbook and punch the Saints in the mouth while they are down? No im not saying we played that game to lose, we just played it smart is all.

Actually the master plan goes further than that. Riverboat then meets with Ram's staff and gives them his master plan for beating the Saints. Now what this accomplishes is that Riverboat gets to review the game and fine tune the scheme he gave to the Rams. This is how the Rams smacked the Saints and how Riverboat foretold their defeat to Gross. The nuisances of this scheme is actually endless but for the common fan, of which there are plenty here, it's just to complicated.

2 people like this

WalterFootball, 2 lines about the Panthers in a positive light (that's really a back-handed compliment); three paragraphs on how crappy the team, Cam, and Panthers fans are. Wow...Fug us, right?

You could probably make the same complaints about any fanbase. I'm sure there are 49ers, Saints, Patriots and Chiefs fans who send him emails every week complaining their teams aren't ranked higher. The reason he includes the totally irrelevant complaint emails he gets from overenthusiastic fans (shocking, right?) in his power rankings at all is so he can get a jab in at the Panthers and not have to have something overwhelmingly positive to say about them.

Gonna knock on wood before this.

At least no one gets stabbed before, during, or after our games as a result of a football game.

That's gotta be Grits.

That's what I'm thinking. Grits finally learned how to reset his IP.

yay grits is back with racism, idiocy and all!!

espn

4    Panthers

10-4

Last Week: 6 DeAngelo Williams had 168 total yards Sunday, the second most he has had in a game in the past four seasons. Williams' 87 receiving yards all came on screen passes.

1 person likes this

Only QBs I'm taking over Cam this season are Peyton, Brady, Brees, Wilson.. no way you can put him lower than 9.

Reddit (4, Δ1): Against a desperate Jets team angling to keep their playoff hopes alive, the Panthers blew open a close game through some timely big plays in all three phases of the game. The Rams victory over the Saints sets up another rematch for the divisional crown, this time within the much more hospitable confines of Charlotte.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1t3v3t/official_week_15_rnfl_power_rankings/

nfl.com (Saints at 4)  uhh ok

CAR.png

10-4 PANTHERS

So you think Sunday's showdown in Charlotte is a big game? Call it the biggest home game for Carolina since the 2008 divisional round, when Jake Delhomme gift-wrapped a victory for the Arizona Cardinals. Or maybe it's the most important since the Panthers beat the Dallas Cowboys at home in the 1996 divisional round. Either way, Carolina can just smell the 2-hole. Wait, that sounded bad. You know what I mean.

nfl.com (Saints at 4)  uhh ok

Reddit has the Saints at 3.

I think we'll see a drop for the loser of this week's game for sure.

Only QBs I'm taking over Cam this season are Peyton, Brady, Brees, Wilson.. no way you can put him lower than 9.

If you would take Cam over Rivers this season you either live in a shell or are a massive homer.

Rivers has been the best QB not named Peyton all season long.