287 replies to this topic

#191 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

So if it's Johnson's arm instead of face is it an offensive foul on Parker?

I recall exactly what play your crying about now. At first I thought JP got away with a flagrant because it looked like parker swung at BJ's head with his elbow. But like I said...it was absolutely nowhere near the magnitude of the Fair "charge" on Saturday. The Parker call your talking about was maybe the magnitude of the minor 2 second earthquake we felt in the Charlotte region last weekend and the Fair "charge" was the fuging japan earthquake and tsunami. 

#192 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

I recall exactly what play your crying about now. At first I thought JP got away with a flagrant because it looked like parker swung at BJ's head with his elbow. But like I said...it was absolutely nowhere near the magnitude of the Fair "charge" on Saturday. The Parker call your talking about was maybe the magnitude of the minor 2 second earthquake we felt in the Charlotte region last weekend and the Fair "charge" was the fuging japan earthquake and tsunami. 

Crying about?  I haven't cried at all, YOU asked me to explain so I did.  Also I am not sure you do remember it because it was Hubert not Johnson. Now after seeing it again do you still think Parker got away with a flagrant?  I do think it's funny how you get to decide which call is more magnified, Parker's "offensive foul" came in the middle of the 9 minute FG drought we had plus he made the basket. Who's to say that doesn't spark Duke since the drought would have ended and Parker would be at the line for a foul shot?  Momentum in a game is a crazy thing.  The block/charge call is the hardest call to make in all of sports and I feel this one was so close it could have gone either way.  I don't think it's the worst call of the year like JB was crying, hell I think the call in the dome when Hood took it to the basket and the player hit his arm was 10 times worse than this call.  

#193 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

So if it's Johnson's arm instead of face is it an offensive foul on Parker?

Huh?

No, Because it was Brice's head that snapped back it forced the ref to blow the whistle.  I'm not sure what your question is

#194 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Huh?

No, Because it was Brice's head that snapped back it forced the ref to blow the whistle.  I'm not sure what your question is

Well it was Hubert not Johnson.  So if I have the ball and go up with 2 hands for a lay up and you stick your head in and my arm/elbow hits you how is that an offensive foul?  If you replace your face with your arm on the same play is it a foul on you or me?  It's a foul on you for reaching in.  Hubert just reached in with his face.  You guys are missing the point, my point is calls are missed all the time it's part of the game.  Unc gets calls, Duke gets calls, Cuse gets calls that's what happens with elite programs there's no reason to bitch about it.  

#195 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Heels in at #19 in the AP poll. Fair. http://espn.go.com/m...rop-4th-ap-poll

Lunardi has UNC as a #5 in the west in his latest bracketology. Would love this draw.  

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology 

#196 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Crying about?  I haven't cried at all, YOU asked me to explain so I did.  Also I am not sure you do remember it because it was Hubert not Johnson. Now after seeing it again do you still think Parker got away with a flagrant?  I do think it's funny how you get to decide which call is more magnified, Parker's "offensive foul" came in the middle of the 9 minute FG drought we had plus he made the basket. Who's to say that doesn't spark Duke since the drought would have ended and Parker would be at the line for a foul shot?  Momentum in a game is a crazy thing.  The block/charge call is the hardest call to make in all of sports and I feel this one was so close it could have gone either way.  I don't think it's the worst call of the year like JB was crying, hell I think the call in the dome when Hood took it to the basket and the player hit his arm was 10 times worse than this call.  

I'm convinced the dookies would prefer for the referees to suit up in the uniforms and play the game - not the student athletes. The amount of whining from that fanbase is second to none. 

Also, can you provide an update on PJ Hairston? Thx

#197 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Well it was Hubert not Johnson.  So if I have the ball and go up with 2 hands for a lay up and you stick your head in and my arm/elbow hits you how is that an offensive foul?  If you replace your face with your arm on the same play is it a foul on you or me?  It's a foul on you for reaching in.  Hubert just reached in with his face.  You guys are missing the point, my point is calls are missed all the time it's part of the game.  Unc gets calls, Duke gets calls, Cuse gets calls that's what happens with elite programs there's no reason to bitch about it.  

I already said that was an iffy call and I also said that if it hadnt been (Huberts) head it would have been on him.  So does that answer it for you?

#198 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm convinced the dookies would prefer for the referees to suit up in the uniforms and play the game - not the student athletes. The amount of whining from that fanbase is second to none. 

Also, can you provide an update on PJ Hairston? Thx

Nobody's whining, YOU asked me to explain.  Damn son you are clueless, in one sentence you talk about how JB gets calls at home and how it looked like a foul to you when Hood went to the basket at the end of the game in the dome but then you call the charge on Fair one of the worst calls you will ever see.  The block/charge call is a tough call to make and can go either way most of the time so to say that call was 100% wrong is a farce.  When you hit someones arm while they are shooting the ball is an easy call and is a foul 100% of the time.  Where you on here complaining about the refs missing that call in the dome when it happened earlier in the year?

#199 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Interrupting the Duke-UNC bickering to say OP is updated with the new rankings. UNC breaks into the top 25, Duke drops to 6, and Syracuse drops to 4.

#200 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

Duke with the win over VT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users