Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Studies show superstitions actually help athletes

8 posts in this topic

Posted

The mention about athletes and OCD makes sense. One of the greatest pure basketball shooters I've ever seen in person was absolutely OCD, to the point that he'd freak out over things like touching his hair or scuffing his shoes.

Posted

In any case they're talking about it in a sense of routine. Fan created superstitions like thinking a uniform is bad luck or thinking the team is winning because they haven't shaven their hideous neckbeard are stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

The mention about athletes and OCD makes sense. One of the greatest pure basketball shooters I've ever seen in person was absolutely OCD, to the point that he'd freak out over things like touching his hair or scuffing his shoes.

it completely makes sense that it gives people a sense of control

Posted

Athletes are creatures of habit

Posted

bpN2JNq.gif

Posted

hahahaha what?

sorry, but. . . derp.

Posted

Not sure if you watch baseball, but watching Adrian Beltre freak out when someone touches his head is pretty hilarious.