Photo
- - - - -

Latest Forecast - Drenching Rain at Kickoff

Best Answer rayzor, 22 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

10 pages late. Rain won't effect the Saints the way we'd want it to. It'll affect both squads evenly. Luckily they play bad on the road to begin with. And no, if it's pouring it will not be packed. Non-fans will be inside. Sad.

The truth hurts? I sat in the Club Seats for seven years. Trust me. It was a ghost town during bad weather. But hey, I got to put my feet up in the empty seat in front of me.

so pretty much....

BartSimpson_moon.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#91 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

I think we are underestimating the Saints. It's not like they will melt.

You must remember the band wagoners have exceptionally dumb things to say at times. Like "the saints have 0% chance of winning in the rain." I call it a draw until I see how the game plan unfolds.

#92 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

He's singing Christmas songs.

And?

Al Green has a Christmas Album and so does Johnny Gill. 

#93 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,211 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win. 10 years from now, nobody will give a fug if poo was flowing from the skies, a win is a win.

yup, there is no asterisk next to Peyton Manning's ring.

#94 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

And?

Al Green has a Christmas Album and so does Johnny Gill.

I'm not understanding what you're trying to imply, YOU SAID Brian McKnight's music wasn't suited for playoff football, when I said he's signing Christmas songs. Panthers are trying to be family friendly for the Holidays.

#95 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

I hope the rain won't affect Cam's escapability when he's running for his life from whoever Bell is blocking this time :(

#96 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Zod, you don't take criticism well.

#97 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

I don't ever worry about the rain unless it's also cold. With the temp in the 70's, I definitely won't worry. Just need a hat to keep the rain off my face. And make sure I have towels in the car. Ya'll are pussies!

#98 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sunday is our first playoff game, win it, and we are set for a week off here shortly before our next playoff game

#99 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

“Severe weather is certainly possible Sunday afternoon and evening,” said Doug Outlaw, of the National Weather Service office in Greer, S.C.

Mild conditions are predicted for Saturday and Sunday, with upper 60s Saturday and lower 70s Sunday. Skies are expected to be mostly cloudy both days, but there will be breaks of sunshine.

By later Sunday, forecasters expect a cold front to be approaching the region. Showers are predicted to break out ahead of the front, and meteorologists say there will be enough instability in the atmosphere for thunderstorms to develop.

At this point, it appears as if the stormy weather wouldn’t arrive until late afternoon or evening, perhaps after the Carolina Panthers’ big game against the New Orleans Saints. But some shower activity is possible during the game.

#100 Superadiabatic

Superadiabatic

Resident Weather Geek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I am nervously sticking by my call that heavy rain holds off until after the game. Most computer model guidance is leaning that way, save our GFS model, but that one has a habit of saying weather systems will move faster than they actually will. But, I can't rule out a shower during the game and there is a chance the heavier rain gets in by 4:00-4:30. If so, y'all will be glad you have the poncho on hand, so take one with you to the game.

For what it's worth, it will be fairly windy with a south to southwest wind gusting to about 25 mph.

If the heavier rain gets there before the game ends, there could be lightning with it that delays the game and maybe some stronger wind gusts of maybe 45 mph. There does appear to be a small chance for a severe storm as well but if I were a TV met I don't think I'd mention that on air just yet.

The start time of the rain is a really tough call, guys. Don't hang your friendly neighborhood weatherman if he's off on this one by a few hours.

#101 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,168 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just curious,
Doesn't the fact the Saints have already played and won a game in pouring rain on grass that had over an hour stoppage this season mean they will be better adapted to a rain game since Panthers haven't played in rain all year? I would think rain would also affect attendance and people in the stands making noise also?

In that rain game, Saints defense only allowed a single TD on first drive after Drew gave them a short field with interception coming back in from 69 min rain delay, the other 7 points was from the second interception going for pick6, otherwise the saint offense moved the ball at will, but the 0-4 in redzone and 2 INTs were the only reason the score was closer than the game actually was. Brees had 26 completions for 322 yards.

#102 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Looks like the rain starts in the am and won't stop until after 2:30.

Advantage - Panthers.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

I don't think the heavy stuff is coming down for a while yet.

#103 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

A win in the "drenching" rain does absolutely nothing to further our football teams improvement. If our secondary wants to get tuned up before the playoffs, i would like to see them prove themselves against one of the best and show that they learned from their miscues on film, and learned more of what brees is all about. Ill take a win any way, but i would like to see each teams best foot forward and us establishing ourselves as a clear favorite.

This is practice for the Super Bowl. Super Bowl might have crazy weather.

#104 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Weather is part of homefield advantage.

#105 Kuechly59

Kuechly59

Bow before GETTLEMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just like we had no chance of winning in Tampa bay when it was pouring down and the game was delayed for lightning storms lol.

Proud of that narrow win over a 4 win team on the road..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com