#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

iirc cutting godfrey would hit us with 5m in dead money

unless gettleman does something magical there's a pretty good chance godfrew will be here next year eating up 7m of our cap space

Save us 2-3 million

#17 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'll admit he's worth twice that, unless we can find something comparable for cheap.

I wouldn't mind giving a guy like Mitchell a 3 year contract at say 3.5 mill per. He'd have some bites in the open market you'd think.

#18 Qu1million

Qu1million

CantBeatMeInMadden!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,094 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm enjoying this season like I love an early nut in the morning but I hate it when I read threads like these that keep reminding you how many players have 1 yr deals and free agency and cap issue.

I really hope Dave does something cause I haven't been this excited since 2008 and not to say I haven't these past 5 years but disappointment has hit us all even early this season. I want our Swag to keep growing, going and this current defense is jelling. The only other defense I see that jell like we do is the Seahawks. Our coaches get it, our players get it, and even fans get it, creating a winning atmosphere with a QB that can truck just about every safety in the league...okay I dunno where I'm going with this. Enjoy and let's hope we can keep having key contributors for years to come

#19 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

This is why I love Rivera. He makes scrubs and no-names into a really a good defense. Who needs cap space when you have a coach that cam do that?

#20 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Cap and Mitchell aren't worth much more than we pay them. They are doing a good job but they are definitely our weakness.

#21 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Also ex-Panthers on the team, Geoff Schwartz as a Chief and George Selvie as a Cowboy.

Doesn't THE Everette Brown play and start for Cowboys too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com