27 replies to this topic

#1 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Sorry for another thread about crowd noise but it is that important.  In anticipation of the big game, I have been trolling Panthers stuff more than usual this week.  Here's a summary of what I have seen / heard over the last 5 days.

1.  Riverboat issued a Call to Arms for Panther fans at BOA this Sunday.  He understands and emphasized the importance of crowd noise.

2.  Gross asked fans to skip work or do whatever is necessary to save their voices for Sunday.

3.  Cam and Gross mentioned home field advantage and crowd noise several times during interviews this week.  Gross said BOA has been great the last couple weeks and fans are rallying around the team.  Cam said BOA is one of the best places to play and fans are really behind the team.

4.  Yesterday, analysts on NFLN said the Saints O-line is their Achilles heel.  Primary reason for their poor road record is the o-line cannot anticipate the snap count in loud environments and the brief hesitation gives the D-line an advantage.

5.  Brees said they have several playmakers (receivers primarily) and are difficult to defend when they establish their rhythm.

This game will be discussed on all sports-talk shows next week.  I am tired of hearing about the 12th man in Seattle.  For all of us going to the game, get to your seats before kickoff and lets rock for all 60 minutes.  Don't wait until 3rd down and from the first series, make it hard for Brees to audible at the line of scrimmage and for their offense to get in a groove.  In addition, lets make our silence on offense just as deafening. 

Lets establish BOA as a hostile environment and do our part this weekend!  

#2 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Could have bumped thread. Actually no bumping required, its still on front page.

#3 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Anyone who watched the Saints game in Seattle can tell that loud environments are not their forte. Even semi loud environments can disrupt them because Drew Brees has the tone of a 12 year old boy going through puberty.

#4 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,028 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Gross asked fans to skip work or do whatever is necessary to save their voices for Sunday.

Does Gross think we are all in professional screamo bands?

#5 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Whatever % is listed as the 'chance of rain' is perfectly correlated to the amount of panthers "fans" who will opt out of attending the game.

#6 Shepard Fairey

Shepard Fairey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

I wish I lived in NC, the stadium would be at least 15% louder.

#7 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

("Yesterday, analysts on NFLN said the Saints O-line is their Achilles heel.  Primary reason for their poor road record is the o-line cannot anticipate the snap count in loud environments and the brief hesitation gives the D-line an advantage.")

Fans scream,yell,bang seats but whatever you do make some noise and make it loud. This is our chance to really help the team.

#8 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I estimate only 35% of the huddle attends games maybe less, you don't have to worry about us making noise. It's the guy in slacks sipping wine is who you have to worry about.

#9 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I estimate only 35% of the huddle attends games maybe less, you don't have to worry about us making noise. It's the guy in slacks sipping wine is who you have to worry about.

I believe wine is only served in the club section ... otherwise I would buy it.  It would sure beat sneaking minis of Makers Mark.

#10 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Trust me, you are better off sneaking the minis.

#11 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,492 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Consider my arms called

#12 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

I just remembered I didn't take a dump today. Damnit!

#13 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

I have noticed that the Panthers as an organization have been pushing for a loud crowd every way they can. Players have called for it, coaches have called for it, its all over the social media accounts.

Mildly impressive, actually.

#14 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

I will be using a combo of pounding the seat, yelling, air horn app, and the coins in the beer bottle. I will have at least 2 other people doing the same directly beside me.

#15 panfanman

panfanman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Just a curious thought. Let's say the Panthers organization mounted 4 huge jumbo tron screens on each outside wall of the stadium and invited the general public to come party and watch the game from the outside. If they could get as many people to attend outside as did inside, could the outside noise impact anything inside or would none of the noise carry over?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.