Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome back HUGO

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just a few notes...

- Merchandise will go on sale January 18th with the new Hornets logo in it.

- Fred Whitfield said that the original logo is part of the NBA's legacy and they are not allowed to reuse it as their logo for this team (which is why they decided to go with something a little different), but they will use the original logo for throwback jersey's.

- Jordan Brand and Nike collaborated to design the logo. We are the only team that has a logo designed by Nike.

- The team will still sell merchandise will the original hornets logo.

- Much like the logo, Hugo will also undergo a new look.

- The jersey's will be unveiled sometime over the summer.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm still a little in shock this franchise made a good move. 

Start selling t-shirts nowwww. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Will we be selling nike merchandise?

Posted · Report post

Will we be selling nike merchandise?

Can't sell Nike merchandise but we can sell Jordan Brand Hornets merch.

Posted · Report post

I would have liked to see them stick a little bit closer to the originals... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's a reason that the original logo is one of the best-selling logos in sports.

That being said, if I had never seen the originals of be pretty happy with these overall. I only have one problem with them, and that is the "assketball". It is so cheesy and terribly forced, and it absolutely ruins the side-profile logo. Plus, the combination of the bulge and the stance of the new Hugo logo make him look constipated. Keep pushing, Hugo. You'll pass it soon enough.

note: I'm notoriously critical of logos. I'm a designer and a logophile... so take my opinion, add about a hundred happy points, and you'll probably get the average person who isn't an absolute tool about logos.

Posted · Report post

I would have liked to see them stick a little bit closer to the originals... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's a reason that the original logo is one of the best-selling logos in sports.

That being said, if I had never seen the originals of be pretty happy with these overall. I only have one problem with them, and that is the "assketball". It is so cheesy and terribly forced, and it absolutely ruins the side-profile logo. Plus, the combination of the bulge and the stance of the new Hugo logo make him look constipated. Keep pushing, Hugo. You'll pass it soon enough.

note: I'm notoriously critical of logos. I'm a designer and a logophile... so take my opinion, add about a hundred happy points, and you'll probably get the average person who isn't an absolute tool about logos.

You must hate the Carolina Hurricanes logo, even those that aren't hockey fans say it looks like a toilet is being flushed.

Posted · Report post

i love the aggressive look of the first logo. really feeling the new look. just hope we can get a franchise player to go with it

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Saw the designs earlier but just got around to watching the presentation. I had goosebumps all over. TWCA sounded really, really loud.

Posted · Report post

Wicked!

Posted · Report post

They all look fantastic.

Now how about some wins?

Posted · Report post

More info: www.backbuzzcity.com

Posted · Report post

I wonder how the court is going to look like. Too much so soon. Cant wait.