Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeAngelo Williams appreciation thread.

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Deangelo is showing how he can play when he is getting featured and can get in a rhythm.

His best year in 2008 was when he was the feature guy and had a complementary guy in Stewart like what Tolbert has been this year

Posted · Report post

Since i am a DW fan from day one to today and since Dw is one of my favorite player i have no reason to say anything in your thread.

GO PANTHERS !

Posted · Report post

When DW came to the NFL a lot of people didn't realize he has the all time NCAA record for total yards (run and pass) at that time.

Posted · Report post

I love me some DWill.  I hope we find a way to keep him next year.  He's not as elusive as he once was but he's still a quality runner when they can get him to the edge.

Posted · Report post

34 is the man and needs to continue to be the feature back heading into the Playoffs.

Stew may work his way in a bit but I don't want a game plan formed around 28 when he cant stay on the field.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Edge schmedge. His TD run yesterday was straight up the gut. He ran through an arm tackle, then outran everyone else.

Even when he gets some love, it is convoluted.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd personally prefer more 5-6 yard carries than 1-2 yard drive killers and an occasional homerun

It's better from a ball control perspective
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'd personally prefer more 5-6 yard carries than 1-2 yard drive killers and an occasional homerun

I don't think many would argue with that.

Just pointing out big plays in big games.

Posted · Report post

I think we all would.  However it seems like there is never any holes to run through.  Even on that long touchdown run if Wharton didn't pull and make an outstanding block then it would have been another 1-3 yard carry.  Our OL is smoke and mirrors.  Our rushing yards per game is smoke and mirrors.  Everyone talks about the Carolina run game but realistically if not for the threat of Cam Newton we would probably have the worst run game in the league.  The reason is our OL is not very good.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Edge schmedge. His TD run yesterday was straight up the gut. He ran through an arm tackle, then outran everyone else.

Even when he gets some love, it is convoluted.

Not edge smedge, the OL Is awful and only once in a while gets a decent block up front.  DWill is amazing but the OL is abysmal.

Posted · Report post

34 is the man and needs to continue to be the feature back heading into the Playoffs.
Stew may work his way in a bit but I don't want a game plan formed around 28 when he cant stay on the field.

This a million times!! The man has earned it.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments