Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeAngelo Williams appreciation thread.

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'd personally prefer more 5-6 yard carries than 1-2 yard drive killers and an occasional homerun

It's better from a ball control perspective

He had 12 carries in both games this year which I am not happy about. I thought there were opportunities to run the ball or get it to Dwill in the flats.

Posted · Report post

Even if you want to bitch about his contract, you can't say the man hasn't been earning his money, and his role.

The dude has been running hard all season. Love me some DWill.

Posted · Report post

DWill has shown this year that he still has his burst. Stewy can't see the field. Barner is still a work in progress. And Tolbert is...well Tolbert.

Given that, who would you keep? DWill and Tolbert. Yup.

Fix the line. It keeps Cam upright, and allows us to run the ball more effectively. We have capable backs. But and average line. If we want to take that next step. We HAVE to fix the line.

Ok, I'm done with this one. Been fun for sure. But it is just going in circles.

I agree. I like Stewart, and he is a great weapon...when he is healthy. Deangelo has shown he is still a very valuable piece of our offense. I think we have a great one-two punch in DWill and Tolbert, with potential in Barner. Stewart takes up cap space and doesn't have enough production the last few seasons to warrant it. I think (gulp) he should be shopped, at the very least.

I always have mad props for DWill. He is my boy! By far my fave Panther on and off the field, I don't even hold that he's a Grizzlies fan against him.

Posted · Report post

yeah d will always is the topic of discussion here but it's usually about cutting him, said it before this man earns his stay and until he shows otherwise should be on this roster

Posted · Report post

I think Shula gets confused about how to use his RBs. I think he could get more out of the run game if he played to there strengths more.

Tolbert should be used more between the tackles....too much Williams there. They also need to work in more passes to the flat for Williams and use that as a run play (not have it be a late check down Cam never gets to).

Posted · Report post

Yep, get rid of Jstew and he is much more productive.

Posted · Report post

Yep, get rid of Jstew and he is much more productive.

He isn't more productive. He just isn't a walking injury waiting to happen.

Posted · Report post

He's done all we've asked him to do, I can't complain. He's over 1,000 total yards for the season (810 rushing, 258 receiving), hasn't fumbled since week 1, and has more than made up for that game by giving us crucial touchdowns against the Niners, Jets, and Saints... and call me crazy, but I don't think it would be out of the question for him to get close to 1,000 rushing yards given we play in a dome next week and won't have our top receiving threat. He's still a genuine home-run threat and the only one we have besides Ted Ginn. Heck, I'd argue he's been far less of a boom-or-bust back this year given he's averaging 4.3 YPC but has only had two runs longer than 25 yards.

Posted · Report post

He isn't more productive. He just isn't a walking injury waiting to happen.

If you look at the numbers he does much better when he gets 15+ touches.

Posted · Report post

CRA sees what he wants to see. He only use numbers when it fits his bogus narrative. Gotta love CRA.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Okay....

Stewart, Tolbert also do better with more opportunities as well. I never said Williams didn't.

Posted · Report post

CRA sees what he wants to see. He only use numbers when it fits his bogus narrative. Gotta love CRA.

You see what you want.....

That wasn't a Williams diss.

Williams and Stewart are both better RBs when they don't share.

When Stewart is healthy, Williams isn't a more productive RB. He may get the ball more and have more yards. That is just one getting more opportunities.

Both are about equal in terms of production despite being different RBs.

Too sensitive about 34. Everything taken as disrespect even when it doesn't exist