Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is our stadium designed to dump rain water on fans?

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cause jerry be makin it rain up in that bitch!
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's happened more than twice - I'm cognizant of that because I sit on the second row and our seats typically are underwater too.  We just sit on our seatbacks and enjoy - when it gets really high, first row is completely under water and those people don't even have that option.  One thing I did notice yesterday at the game that was new was a new drain in the concrete at the bottom of the aisle.  I don't know whether that was just at our section or in all of them.The instant replay booth is right in front of there so it could be just there to keep water off of that.In the past, it's actually be sealed up so no water would drain from there to keep that piece of equipment dry.  I think the drain helped because our row ended up ok and the people in the first row was able to sit on their seats with their feet up on the rails and they were ok too.  The rain only makes it more fun.  We never have left our seats in the rain - except the one time when they forced the entire stadium into the concourses because of lightning.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

They should reroute all drainage to the visitors locker room. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's one of the many problems wrong with the stadoum. JR knows it and its one of the reasons he wants a new stadium

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Its fuggin water, get over it

Posted · Report post

Its fuggin water, get over it

Tell that to New Orleans.

Posted · Report post

Tell that to New Orleans.

They'd just blame the government 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Section 529 FTW
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Section 529 FTW

Hell yeah. I was down on the wheelchair row kicking the excess water out the drain to make sure I extra soaked those under me.

Posted · Report post

How about how well that goddamn field held up. That was impressive.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Public Service Announcement

Wear a raincoat for protection.

829074389.gif?1387743492

Posted · Report post

I will tell you what, I was not at the game, but I do not think it would have even bothered me. I there watching my Carolina Panthers play, and every single inch of the stands could have been filled with water, but once Cam threw the TD pass to Hixon, even the water couldn't have contained me. Much respect to all those fans that stayed to cheer our guys to victory, they got what they wanted with you all being there, we got what we wanted with a win over the Aints. The water was added bonus.,.lol

1 person likes this