Photo
- - - - -

"Wheel concept" to replace draft lottery?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

I say just have the owners play a one on one tourney for the top pick!!

#32 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

I actually think the "wheel" would be an improvement over the current system.  Combined with the new luxury tax that everyone is scared of (it caused the Harden trade), this would actually help because small market teams could actually try to be good.  There is a grand total of 1 big-market team that isnt scared of the new luxury tax, and they are run by a crazy rich russian man.

The NBA draft right now is a joke.  When fans are okay with tanking, there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately. 

I would prefer a slight variation of the wheel, where instead of having teams draft in a set order, have them draft in groups.  For example, you could have every team put in 3 different groups- group 1 drafts 1-10 (worst record in the group gets #1 and so on), group 2 drafts 11-20, and group 3 drafts 21-30.  Takes away a lot of incentive to tank because you can only improve your pick a couple spots, and really bad teams are guaranteed a top pick every 3 years

#33 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

OMG that's a terrible idea. The NBA draft does need improvement though. In the NBA one guy can make a huge difference. The best thing is a hard cap, do a live lottery for the top 3 worst teams, then draft in order of record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users