Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam Schein Still A Schmuck; Throws Cam Shade/Backhand Compliment

63 posts in this topic

Posted

LOL...no need to worry. I sure wont be starting threads over him and his dribble.

So no threads by you with regard to Schein's ball-handling skills in basketball.

Good.

If I were you, I'd avoid his drivel as well.

Posted

Or that he went from a losing QB last year to a 12-4 abd SB contending QB this year.

Only some of you guys still can't admit that he has improved by light years this season.

Cam has improved but he also had us in position to win at least three times last season (easily could have gone 10-6). Newton had nothing to 'comeback' from. If anybody deserves the award it's Rivera and Defense.

3 people like this

Posted

How could Cam be a CBPOY when his stat last year was better than this year. He threw for 3800+ and rushed for 740 last year. Damn, Cam is a beast though. You don't notice how beastly the guy is until you look up his stats. Those are like college numbers and he's doing them in the NFL. Me, personally, I don't read articles about the panthers or Cam unless I know it's from a respectable source. Not just a troll trying to meet a deadline to meet a quota.

Yea, Schein is gonna convince me 3800 yards passing & 740 yards rushing was a bad year! Don't make me laugh!

Posted

Reading into what? So how do you take it (what he said)?

Do you think Cam is a CBPOY of the candidate in any context (and on his short list at that)?

That's the only way your statement would have any credence. 

Just cause it was more subtle than usual (for him), and the end of the article; doesn't mean it wasn't' a dig. 

I'm saying that Shein may think Cam played poorly in 2012, but he is playing better this year so he could deserve Comeback Player of the Year. I don't think Cam should be a CBPOY candidate because I don't think he played poorly in 2012. That's the difference.

Posted

It's very liberating to not care what some writer thinks about players on your team.... Especially when they are wrong.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm saying that Shein may think Cam played poorly in 2012, but he is playing better this year so he could deserve Comeback Player of the Year. I don't think Cam should be a CBPOY candidate because I don't think he played poorly in 2012. That's the difference.

Hmmmh. 

I respect your opinion. 

Nonetheless, Cam would have to play epically/horrendously bad in order to qualify for CBPOY, just going by past standards. Not just "poorly" as you say it (or implying what Schein is trying to say). But he would have to play all time Stinkeroo Dog Poo Bad (and probably for a few years, unless he was seriously injured, and/or had some big time trouble with the law, then came back). 

Have you seen the players and situations that have won the award in the past? Maybe you haven't. Cam's 2012 was no where close to qualify for that award by any objective, past or standard measure of it. 

It was a diss/slight, pure and simple! He even mentioned "The Great Carolina Panther Fans" in the same article, who been pissing on him lately, for stuff just like this. SMH

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmmmh. 

I respect your opinion. 

Nonetheless, Cam would have to play epically/horrendously bad in order to qualify for CBPOY, just going by past standards. Not just "poorly" as you say it (or implying what Schein is trying to say). But all time stinkeroo bad (and probably for a few years, unless he was seriously injured, and/or had some big time trouble with the law, then came back). 

Have you seen the players and situations that have won the award in the past? Maybe you haven't. Cam's 2012 was no where close to qualify for that award by any objective, past or standard measure for the award. 

It was a diss/slight, pure and simple! He even mentioned "The Great Carolina Panther Fans" in the same article. 

I suppose I didn't understand what kind of player usually wins CBPOY. 

Posted

A comeback from 4,600+ total yards, 27 TDs, 12 int?  (His 2012 numbers)

Posted

Cam won me a fantasy championship last year.

1 person likes this

Posted

last 5 comeback players of the year and what happened the year before:

2012 - Peyton Manning.  Had a neck injury that sidelined him all of 2011.

2011 - Matthew Stafford.  First complete season as a starter, after only starting 3 games in 2010 and 10 in 2009, missing most of 2010 due to injury

2010 - Mike Vick.  Doubt I need to explain.

2009 - Tom Brady.  Missed all of 2008.

2008 - Chad Pennington.  Had missed a large part of 2007 because he was so benched after starting out at 1-7.  He finished the season with under 1700 yards passing in 9 games, 10 TDs and 9 INTs. His career was in doubt before 2008 due to injury and mediocre play.

So the only one in the last few years that wasn't due to injury (Pennington got one earlier in his career for that reason...) was Pennington with the Dolphins, where he basically went from so bad he was benched, to leading his team to the playoffs.

Does anyone seriously think Cam's 2012 was anywhere near Pennington's 2007?  Come on.

1 person likes this

Posted

I suppose I didn't understand what kind of player usually wins CBPOY. 

And @ Mav1234

The award is usually given to a player who's future or existence is threatened in the league (either from years of poor play; serious injury or illness, or deep trouble with the law). 

Cam fit none of those criteria. And when I asked you 'do you feel Cam had a poor season worth of CBPOY', you told me what Schein must have meant. And I explained to you, how bad you'd have to play (or off the field circumstances) to win the award.

Schein knows all this. That's why it was a total diss (along with the umbrage, that Cam 'came so far back' from anything to begin with).  

2 people like this

Posted

Don't understand how he could be CPOY when he has been awesome all three years in his career.