#1 UNCG Panther Fan

UNCG Panther Fan

Brutal 2 d12

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

http://www.more.com/...ars--they-chose

Romantic in my opinion. Why do we treat pets better than humans?

#2 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 653 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

From my experience many religions appear to be sadistic. Why allow someone to die painlessly when they are diagnosed with a terminal illness when you can watch that person wither away in agony over a prolonged time? Apparently god decided your plan involved incredible suffering and shitting yourself over the last couple months of your life. And who are we to deny god the satisfaction of watching that plan play out? Stupid selfish people wanting to die painlessly and without suffering beforehand.

#3 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

I have no problem with it.

#4 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

The inability of some to accept death as a natural final chapter of life, however long the book may be.

In an interesting side note, it oft appears the religious are the most likely to go kicking and screaming, and are also the least likely to be ok with the person going out as THEY see fit.

I mean, shouldn't you be excited about meeting your Creator?

#5 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

From my experience many religions appear to be sadistic. Why allow someone to die painlessly when they are diagnosed with a terminal illness when you can watch that person wither away in agony over a prolonged time? Apparently god decided your plan involved incredible suffering and pooting yourself over the last couple months of your life. And who are we to deny god the satisfaction of watching that plan play out? Stupid selfish people wanting to die painlessly and without suffering beforehand.

+rep for you sir. I couldn't have written my feelings any better than you just did.

So, I say, ditto. :D

#6 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

The inability of some to accept death as a natural final chapter of life, however long the book may be.

In an interesting side note, it oft appears the religious are the most likely to go kicking and screaming, and are also the least likely to be ok with the person going out as THEY see fit.

I mean, shouldn't you be excited about meeting your Creator?

And if you don't believe in god they tell you to ask for salvation right before death and you'll go to heaven. :smilielol5:

What are they wasting their lives going to church for then?

:thumbsup:

#7 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

I remember the first time I ever heard the term euthanasia. Our teacher decided to talk about it one day in high school. I was unaware of the term or anything related to assisted suicide so I was convinced that they were talking about "youth in asia". It took me forever to figure out what it was really about. I kept thinking, how do kids in the far east lands have any relation to people wanting to end loved one's lives who are suffering?

:lol:

#8 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Didn't Oral Roberts "cheat the reaper" by raising 9 million bucks?

Strong work there. Guess Oral was able to do the opposite of assisted suicide. He sorta "raised the dead".

Or something.

#9 gmergoddess

gmergoddess

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

I have a patient who is 93 years old. Most of her friends are dead, her husband is dead and she lives in a nursing home. She is too frail to move around, she is blind, her corneas are so eroded that she is in constant pain. We typically remove the eyes of patients with her condition because there is nothing that can help them but she is to old and frail to get medical clearance.

Last time I saw her she cried and told me that she spends most of her day alone in a room with her eyes closed. The family that insists they cant risk surgery, for fear of her life, hardly visits her. She asks "Why can't they leave me alone and let me die?"
She says she is ready to go and I don't see any reason why she can't be allowed to make that decision.

#10 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

I remember the first time I ever heard the term euthanasia. Our teacher decided to talk about it one day in high school. I was unaware of the term or anything related to assisted suicide so I was convinced that they were talking about "youth in asia". It took me forever to figure out what it was really about. I kept thinking, how do kids in the far east lands have any relation to people wanting to end loved one's lives who are suffering?

:lol:

teh funnay.

#11 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

I have a patient who is 93 years old. Most of her friends are dead, her husband is dead and she lives in a nursing home. She is too frail to move around, she is blind, her corneas are so eroded that she is in constant pain. We typically remove the eyes of patients with her condition because there is nothing that can help them but she is to old and frail to get medical clearance.

Last time I saw her she cried and told me that she spends most of her day alone in a room with her eyes closed. The family that insists they cant risk surgery, for fear of her life, hardly visits her. She asks "Why can't they leave me alone and let me die?"
She says she is ready to go and I don't see any reason why she can't be allowed to make that decision.

And I don't see any reason why she should not be allowed to make that decision, God, I feel for her...

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,183 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

A pair of adult identical twins in Belgium have been legally killed at their request, the men's doctor told journalists.

The 45-years-old men, who were born deaf, spent their lives side-by-side — growing up together and then, as adults, sharing an apartment and working as cobblers together, according to Belgian media reports.

The men’s names have not been released but photographs of the identical twins from the Antwerp region have been made available to some media outlets.

Their doctor, David Dufour, told Belgium’s RTL Television over the weekend that the two men had been losing their eyesight for several years and soon would have been completely blind. The prospect of being blind as well as deaf was unbearable to them, he said.

http://worldnews.nbc...euthanasia?lite

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I have no problem with terminally ill patients choosing to die a peaceful and pain free death. Where does one draw the line on assisted suicide? These people were not terminally ill just handicapped.

I dunno.

#14 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

here's a thought. If you don't wanna live don't go to the hospital! And you can die freely in the comfort of your own home. Why bother going to a hospital if you're only going to ask the doctor to kill you? thats like going to church and asking the priest to dispell god. Simply put, thats not what they are there for.

#15 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

here's a thought. If you don't wanna live don't go to the hospital! And you can die freely in the comfort of your own home. Why bother going to a hospital if you're only going to ask the doctor to kill you? thats like going to church and asking the priest to dispell god. Simply put, thats not what they are there for.

evidently, some doctors feel differently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com